ASSOCIATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
* Working closely with the structures team director, involved in the majority of projects in the team.
* Providing overall direction to the rest of the team.
* Taking personal control of more complex projects, particularly at the concept stage
* Checking the work of engineers and technicians.
* Assisting the director in managing workload, fees and invoicing.
* Attending meetings to represent to Clients and other design professionals.
Required skills & qualifications
* Degree in civil or structural engineering.
* Minimum 8 years' experience in the design of UK building structures.
* Ability to design in all the main structural materials.
* Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
* Experience in producing and checking structural calculations.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to lead and mentor more junior staff.
* Desire take responsibility for projects and assist in the development of the team.
* Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
* Knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Experience of working on existing buildings
The Package includes:
* LIFE ASSURANCE SCHEME
* MEDICAL EXPENSES SCHEME
* MEDICAL CASH PLAN
* TRAVEL INSURANCE
* CHILDCARE VOUCHER SCHEME
* CAR PARKING
* COLLEGE DAY / BLOCK RELEASE
Salary guide £55k +/- but negotiable for the right candidate dependant on experience and qualifications
Bedford College Group