PS MOM Engineer / Technical Site Administrator (m/f/d)
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Cargill Deutschland GmbH
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive -
a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at or .
In Malchin we are seeking to recruit aPS MOM Engineer & Technical Site Administrator (m/f/d) POSITION PURPOSE:
The PS MOM Engineer & Technical Site Administrator is a combined role, which starts with the focus on IT administration and Plant Systems, and has a growing opportunity to including the Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Engineer role.
The local PS MOM engineer is the central coordinator for hardware, software and various information protection requirements for the plant location. This role is key to ensuring a positive information technology experience to business users and meeting the corporate guidelines. This role will be a liaison between Global IT, BOSC, and end users in the site, to ensure proper IT-incident handling is done and compliance requirements are followed. This role will support both Manufacturing and Admin IT needs at the location. The IT Administrator will monitor plant systems and infrastructure and provide operational technical IT-support. This is including maintaining the physical fibre and copper cabling at the site, local computer room requirements, transitional phone systems (PBX), network cabinets in the plant, video conferencing equipment. All in close collaboration between Global IT, Site Management and the IT user. The role is the connection piece between the several central IT groups and the local users - speaking the IT language and understanding to whom to direct the issues a user has on site.
The Plant Systems MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management) Engineer will mainly ensure proper care is taken of IT components of Plant Systems & controls technology and deliver on value capture initiatives in the MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management) domain, such as enabling the facilities to run safely, reliable and cost effective (business partnering and service provider management, pro-active support of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence, drive for optimization and standardization of business processes in manufacturing space, usage of common solutions).PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Technology assets (new purchases, exchanges, and disposals), coach site IT users on proper procedure software and hardware installs, changes and maintains spare/decommissioned devices
- Being the on-site hands-on support for corporate IT teams and act as a liaison with the Cargill global IT teams concerning major incidents
- Contributing to the setup, support and/or replacement of user network, servers, PCs and applications
- Assisting with user administration audits and ensuring, that only necessary users have access to systems
- Maintaining cabling related to the local IT Network, the computer room and the 19" racks in the plant/offices. Includes maintaining and updating the network documentation for these components
- Partnering with OSC (Operation and Supply Chain IT) (MIT using manufacturing) process and OSC service knowledge
- Partnering with other service providers and being the connection with users on location to understand requirements, service issues and opportunities
- Supporting EAI (electrical, instrumentation and automation) and MES (Manufacturing Excellence) master plans for the location
- Coordinating the receiving of IT services as part of the location initiatives
- Participating in location PRT (Project Review Team), ensuring that projects are executed in line with CSST (Cargill Starches, Sweeteners and Texturizers) best practices
- Technical / IT Degree (bachelor)
- Several years of prior experience working with information systems and technology
- MFG IT Experience with Process Control Technology
- Strong interest in information systems and technology
- Fluent English
- Prior experience working with information systems and technology
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of the organization
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.INTERESTED?
Then make sure to send us your CV (Reference Number MAL00329) and cover letter as well as reference letters today. Please also mention your salary expectation and your earliest availability.
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Max-Planck-Institut für Immunbiologie und Epigenetik