Registered Nurse | Parkshore Senior Living Community
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Parkshore | RN / LPN
Registered Nurse - Parkshore
Do you love what you do, but not where you're doing it?
Are you looking for opportunities to advance in your career with a growing organization?
Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work happens every day?
Interested? Keep reading!
Parkshore, a Transforming Age community, is a lakefront continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located in Seattle's picturesque Madison Park neighborhood. We are excited to share we are looking for caring, passionate and energetic Registered Nurses (RNs) to join our team!
Why Parkshore? We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules available to meet your needs. Full-time team members are eligible for our impressive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, generous paid time off and other outstanding programs. In addition, we offer educational scholarships to our team members to further your career development and advancement within the organization. Ask about our sign-on bonuses!
The purpose of this position is to provide direct daily care to residents according to standard procedures, care plans, and established State and Federal regulations. The position assists in the safety, comfort and well-being of residents.
Here are a few of our RNs' primary responsibilities:
- Reviews routines, calendar of events, and resident needs, delegates and assigns team members to work accordingly
- Reviews team member schedule and makes arrangements to cover for any absences
- Coordinates arrangements for resident appointments, treatments, or procedures, including transportation
- Makes daily rounds to observe and evaluate physical and emotional status of residents.
- Coordinates admission and discharge of residents
- Supervises and observes staff in the performance and their duties; provides them with feedback and any needed guidance
- Assists in training new team members
- Reviews medication profiles for completeness of information, accuracy in physician order transcription, and adheres to stop condition changes
- Ensures medications and supplies are ordered, in stock and counted at shift change
- Keeps the Director of Nursing informed of residents' status and related matters
- Assures that all charting and record keeping is completed
- Follows up on dietary requirements and recommendations
- Communicates with physicians as required
- Participates in investigating, documenting, and resolving complaints by residents and family members.
- Performs administrative duties such as telephone work, faxes, filing, records management, scheduling, charting, and paperwork
- Attends meetings, in-services, and participates in fire and disaster drills
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility
What we're looking for from you!
Education and Training: Graduate of an accredited RN program
Knowledgeable: A solid understanding of state and federal regulations; experience in senior living or similar care environment is a big plus!
Licensure and Certifications: A current RN license in good standing
Superb Communication: Must be able to read and write sufficiently in order to complete responsibilities of the position
Leadership: Provide exceptional leadership, supervision and guidance to care team members
Excellent Attitude: Have fun and laugh while taking pride in your work environment
We have fun at work. We laugh a lot! We work hard. We care deeply about our mission, community and each other. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.
Parkshore | Resident Assistant / CNA
Parkshore | RN / LPN
Fred Lind Manor | RN / LPN