Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Flying Food Group, Inc.
Company Summary: The Flying Food Group (FFG) staff brings global culinary expertise and focused experience to dining in the sky. Our Airline Catering business produces exceptional passenger meals for over 80 leading airlines throughout the world. We provide outstanding food produced which adds to our value and increases satisfaction for airline passengers-our customer's customers!
Purpose: We are searching for a motivated, energetic cook to work in our newest facility in Lihue, Hawaii. Successful candidates will prepare and cook large quantities of food for package distribution while preparing meal trays for in-flight service of airlines by USDA and HACCP guidelines.
1. Read work orders, recipes, or formulas to determine cooking times and internal temperatures, and ingredient specifications with compiling and maintaining records of food use
2. Comply with all sanitation and food handling policies and procedures; such as cutting, slicing deboning, and peeling of fruits, vegetables, meat by carefully using knives or machinery to specified weights or sizes.
3. Read instructional charts or diagrams to determine amount and kind of foods and supplies to be packaged or assembled into trays or containers by monitoring proper weighting, measuring, and apportioning
4. Requisition food supplies and kitchen equipment based on estimates of future needs by maintaining and record inventory of food, supplies, and equipment.
5. Store and date food in designated containers and storage areas following HACCP procedures
6. Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment, wear proper attired in compliance with HACCP guidelines for personal hygiene and observe security precautions.
7. Portion and garnish hot cooked foods, such as meat and vegetables, into individual serving dishes.
8. Inspect dispensed items for contamination by foreign bodies.
9. Clean inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliance, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation to maintain high standards of sanitation and hygiene.
10. Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine and set the clean items in the proper location
- Work assigned schedule which includes multiple shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Arrive to work on-time and overtime when required
- Minimum High School Graduate or GED but College Degree Prefer or relevant experience
- Knowledge of food safety and preparation
- Must have current TB Clearance and willing to take drug screen
- MUST BE AVAILABLE WEEKENDS AND HAVE NO SCHEDULING LIMITATIONS
• Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty pounds, must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet
• Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8 hours