Registered General Nurses
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Elysium Healthcare
We want outstanding nurses at Stanley House!
Be part of our growing organisation!
We are currently recruiting Registered General Nurses for our Stanley House Care Centre. Stanley House offers a range of care pathways to suit the individual needs of those accessing our specialist services. These include Long term complex care including specialist nursing, Respite and short breaks, Palliative care and Effective management of behaviours that challenge. Extensive facilities cater for the specific needs of people aged over 18 years who have complex neurological care requirements. Our clinical teams lead and innovate to deliver truly person-centred services where each individual is at the heart of everything. Stanley House offers a full multi-disciplinary team to support and enable residents to undergo reviews of their specific and/or changing needs.
Working Hours:37.5 per week
The good bit:
You will get:
- An excellent salary: £34,764 p.a
- A variety of flexible working options
- Career development
- Support with your re-validation
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits
- Access to CPD
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and your birthday off
Key Accountabilities - Quality
Maintain high quality in all areas of practice including effective team working; using a range of different approaches including codes of conduct and practice, evidence-based practice, guidelines, legislation, protocols, procedures, policies, standards and systems.
- Follows organisational and professional policies and procedures and other quality approaches as required. Encourages others to do the same. Maintains professional registration
- Works within the limits of own competence and area of responsibility and accountability. Gets help and advice where needed
- Works to support the team. Can be counted on when people ask for help or support
- Prioritises own workload and manages own time to ensure priorities are met and quality is not compromised
- Uses service resources and effectively and encourages others to do the same
- Monitors the quality of work in own area and alerts others to quality issues, reporting any errors or issues to the appropriate person.
To improve services in the interests of the service users, carers and the organisation informed by current best practice guidance.
- Discusses with team the likely impact of changing policies, strategies and procedures on practice. Also about changes the team can make and how to make them effective
- Takes on new work and make changes to own work when agreed, requesting relevant help if needed
- Supports colleagues in understanding and making agreed changes to their work
- Evaluates own and others' work when needed
- Make suggestions to improve the service
- Constructively identifies where new ways of working, polices or strategies are having a negative impact on the service given to users or the public.
Personal and People Development
Developing oneself using a variety of means and contributing to the development of others during ongoing work activities using through structured approaches (e.g. appraisal and development review, mentoring, professional/clinical supervision) and/or informal and ad-hoc methods (such as enabling people to solve arising problems and appropriate delegation).
- Seeks feedback from others about work to help identify own development needs
- Evaluates effectiveness of own learning/development opportunities and relates this to others
- Identifies development needs for own emerging work demands and future career aspiration
- Offers help and guidance to others to support their development or to help them complete their work requirements effectively
- Offers feedback promptly
Health, Safety and Security
Maintaining and promoting the health, safety and security of everyone in the organisation or anyone who comes into contact with it either directly or through the actions of the organisation.
- Looks for potential risks to self and others in work activities and processes
- Manages identified risk in the best way possible
- Works in a way that complies with legislation and trust policies and procedures on health, safety and risk management
- Works in a way that ensures security including physical, relational and procedural security where appropriate
- Takes action to manage an emergency, calling for help immediately when appropriate
- Reports actual or potential problems that may put health, safety or security at risk and suggests solutions
- Supports and challenges others in maintaining health, safety and security at work
Effectively communicating the needs and requirements of patients, carers, staff and others to provide excellent care and service. Effective communication is a two way process which develops and cements relationships, keeps people informed and reduces the likelihood of errors and mistakes.
- Identifies the impact of contextual factors on communication
- Adapts communication to take account of others' culture, background and preferred way of communicating
- Provides feedback to others on their communication where appropriate
- Shares and engages thinking with others
- Maintains the highest standards of integrity when communicating with staff, patients, family, carers and other professionals.
Equality and Diversity
It is the responsibility of every person to act in ways that support equality and diversity. Equality and diversity is related to the actions and responsibilities of everyone - users of services including patients, clients and carers; work colleagues; employees and people in other organisations.
- Interprets equality, diversity and rights in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and good practice
- Actively acts as a role model in own behaviour and fosters a non-discriminatory culture
- Promotes equality and diversity in own area and ensures policies are adhered to
- Manages people and applies internal processes in a fair and equal way
- Work effectively as a team member
- Take appropriate action where concerns are raised with regards to performance or conduct of others.
- Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, security and accuracy of data and information and compliance with Regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Support and supervise new and junior staff
- Contribute in the planning and delivery of evidence based patient care and treatment as a Primary Nurse
- Maintain and evidence standards of competence as defined by the NMC, in order to remain registered.
The essential bit:
You will need:
- First level registration
- Professional training in a related environment
- A sense of humour
About Stanley House:
- Location: Bosbury , Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1HB
- Number of beds: 21
- Patient group: Male and female adults
- Service provided: Neurorehabilitation
Elysium is a young and dynamic company with a passion for the delivery of high quality patient centred care, led and delivered by management and clinical teams with enormous healthcare experience. We specialise in providing Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Neurological Care and currently have about 70 services across England and Wales. We recognise that to provide exceptional care to our patients, we need exceptional staff - and that could be you.
H V R Smith & Co