School Business Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by BPS World
Competitive Salary + Benefits
BPS are the recruitment partner for a global private schools group who own and operate 70 schools around the world.
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who is a reliable, enthusiastic and organised individual to work in one of our busy and friendly schools.
Operating as a key member of the senior leadership team, as the School Business Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Head Teacher in delivering and improving the financial and commercial aspects of the school's business agenda.
Key responsibilities of the School Business Manager:
Provide commercial input to all aspects of the school both current and future. Agree the strategy with the Head and incorporate these into the tactical working plan, providing support and advice as part of the Senior Leadership Team
Leadership & Strategy
* Be part of the SLT and work collaboratively with the Head and Deputy Heads
* Contribute to the development of the school's values and vision and communicate this clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and other stakeholders
Financial & Commercial Management
* Ensure all revenue is invoiced and all receivables recovered for both domestic and international pupils in line with UK guidelines
* Effective reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Produce and agree schools profit and loss reporting and budgeting including pupil numbers, fees, staffing and costs. Identify and manage variances
* Overall responsibility for facilities, estate and services including property and asset management, facilities, maintenance, IT and services management (catering, cleaning and transport)
* Negotiate, manage and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements, ensuring best value at all times
Human Resource Management
* Management of all staff administration including recruitment, reference checking, contracts, single central register
The successful candidate should have some of the following experience:
* Demonstrable accounting experience
* Facilities and site management knowledge
* Prior experience with Finance & Commercial management
* Services management (catering, cleaning and transport)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).
Please apply now with your CV for more information on the role
Acorn Recruitment And Training