Immigration Compliance Officer (12 Months Maternity Cover)
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Recruitment Hunters
Role Overview: Immigration Compliance Officer You will be part of the firms UKVI compliance team, but with specific responsibility for the firms colleges. The post-holder will be responsible for oversight and training of key student services staff, who themselves offer advice and support to students on matters relating to visas and accommodation, pre- and post-arrival in the UK. A significant element of the role requires the review of data entry to student information systems, for which training will be given, to ensure full compliance in all aspects of student record keeping. The post-holder will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company promoting best practice amongst colleges as well as ensuring all the colleges are inspection
Main Responsibilities: Immigration Compliance Officer
* Overviewing and coordinating all post-arrival immigration compliance matters and processes for the colleges.
* Regularly audit the colleges, providing internal compliance audit report as well as follow up on action points as agreed with stakeholders at the colleges.
* Supporting continuous improvement to central systems and processes with an aim to drive continuous improvement in immigration compliance.
* Creating and contributing to internal policies and procedures relating to immigration compliance.
* Preparing various compliance data analysis reports and submitting annual Basic Compliance Assessment (BCA) renewal applications.
* Working with sales and admissions team advising on visa queries for new applications.
Technical knowledge and understanding of the impact of immigration legislation on all aspects of the business:
* Ensuring any and all proposed changes to courses, processes and data capture continue to be compliant with Home Office requirements and General Data Protection Regulation; influencing senior management at colleges and Head Office to achieve this.
Acting as a reference source and ongoing driver of continuous training to administrative staff on areas such as:
* Ensuring awareness, across the business unit, of the responsibilities of working as a Tier 4 sponsor
* Managing the colleges' UKVI reporting system and induction processes to collate key documentation.
To advise senior managers on risk levels in the colleges around compliance matters in affected areas such as:
* Attendance policies, reporting and enforcement.
* Student system record keeping quality and completeness.
To ensure students are aware of their/our responsibilities under Tier 4 sponsorship, such as:
* Attendance standards vs. risk of being reported to UKVI
Experience Required: Immigration Compliance Officer Essential
* Educated to degree level
* A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role as an immigration Compliance Officer
* Evidence of technical understanding of similar legal environments is key
* The successful applicant will have a strong track record of administrative work, preferably in an international or private education context, have experience of the Tier 4 system for student immigration, and demonstrate an authoritative and knowledgeable approach in this area.
* Be a confident user of Microsoft Excel and ideally student data systems (training for the student data systems will be provided).
* Strong ability to analyse data combined with high level of attention to detail.
* An ability to work using one's own initiative as well as being a good team player is a pre-requisite.
* Experience of the UKVI Tier 4 student visa system & From the Education Sector
* Previous OISC trainings. (DESIRABLE)
This is a full time maternity Cover contract -12months Immigration Compliance Officer position, which can be based in Cambridge or London, however if the role will be from London a weekly commute is required to Cambridge once a week. The firm are offering a salary of between £28,000 - £34,0000 negotiable pa depending on experience, & company benefits.
If this Immigration Compliance Officer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters.
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!" Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent & contract staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical. The types of roles we recruit for as follows: Administration, Accounts, Customer Service, Logistics, Credit Control, Ledger Clerks, Sales, Account Management, Management, IT, HR, Directors, Engineering, Accountants, Analysts, Insurance, Technical, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Legal, Call Centre, Receptionists, Pa's, Bi-Lingual, Field Sales, Graduates, Juniors, Mortgage Underwriters, Banking & everything in-between.
FTC, Contract, Compliance, Immigration, UKIV, Graduate, Degree, VISA, Tier 4, Student services, student, education, international, student immigration, student data systems, compliance, support, mentor, checking, policies and procedures, university, colleges
Kameo Recruitment Ltd