Connected Membership Mgr, Global Marketplace
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
We are searching for a savvy omni-channel marketer with strong retail and digital experience to help develop a marketplace loyalty strategy, aimed at increasing NikePlus member activity within strategic retail partner environments. This new and exciting initiative is a testament to Nike's commitment to driving a consumer-centric, digitally-powered offense. The person coming into this role will have the ability to directly influence and impact the initiatives strategy and roadmap. This position will report into the Senior Director of Global Connected Membership, and will work closely with partners in our geographies (North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific & Latin America and Greater China) as well as Nike Direct global partners (Consumer Knowledge, Digital Product, Membership, etc).
- Understand how to use and request data to inform consumer-centric strategies
- Understand consumer behavior, and how to influence for positive outcomes
- Understand the full consumer journey from inspiration to purchase to post purchase
- Identify consumer frictions and determine ways to remove those frictions; identify opportunities and ways to elevate and create distinctive NikePlus experiences
- Be the subject matter expert on loyalty and retention best practices, leveraging external industry benchmarks, as well as the best of Nike Direct and strategic partners
- Consult with Marketplace Development leads in our geographies and their retail partners on how to best serve their consumer through Connected Membership
- Drive delivery Connected Membership in collaboration with our geographies and partners. Work to secure resources and teams necessary to deliver across Nike
- Deliver standards to geographies to communicate how we will operationalize services, implement environment standards and develop / deploy membership programs
- Partner closely with Nike Direct, merchandising, retail marketing, store design, technology and marketplace operations teams to provide clarity on all functional components of the Connected Membership strategy and deliverables and to ensure ownership and accountability
- Drive a deliberate innovation process that evaluates the impact of new concepts as pilots with the use of data and analytics to determine potential scaling. Foster a culture of experimentation and objective analysis
- Partner to create a perspective on financial success measures to our retail innovations
- Help surface benefits / case studies to support the Connected Membership initiatives through the lens of the consumer, our partners and Nike