Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by YMCA
The YMCA of Golden Crescent Board of Directors is actively seeking a visionary leader who will continue to build upon strong executive...
The YMCA of the Golden Crescent Inc.
Address: 1806 N Nimitz St, Victoria, TX 77
The YMCA of Golden Crescent is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Position Description and Board Expectations:
The YMCA of Golden Crescent Board of Directors is actively seeking a visionary leader who will continue to build upon strong executive leadership and continue a culture of excellence within the YMCA as an active resident of the community. The YMCA is the hub of the community as a leading provider of youth programs, and health and wellness services. The CEO position is uniquely positioned to champion the YMCA mission and embark on the next chapter of the organization.
The successful candidate must have a solid business acumen, sound judgment, and exceptional leadership skills. The CEO must have a proven track record that demonstrates an ability to successfully implement and promote the YMCA's services and activities to the community; assess community needs and develop programs in partnership with others to meet those needs; raise funds through annual and capital campaigns; develop and lead staff; and work with a YMCA board to focus on strategic issues.
Salary Range: $105,000-$120,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Retirement contribution: The Y contributes 7%, Employee 5%. Vacation plan, health plan, relocation reimbursement, and other benefits per personnel policy included.
YMCA Association Facts
History: Originally chartered in 1902, the current facility opened in 1966 with expansions and renovations in mid 70s, 90s, 2008 and 2017.
Mission and Focus: To put Judeo-Christian principles into Practice through programs that build healthy body, mind and spirit for all.
YMCA Service Area and Locations: The YMCA serves a 7-county area, which includes Victoria, Refugio, Calhoun, Dewitt, Jackson, Lavaca and Goliad. The population for Victoria County is 67,106.
- Barbara Bauer Briggs branch - a 56,000 sq. ft facility that offers 3 racquetball courts, 2 basketball courts, 2 group ex rooms, 1 indoor cycling room, 3 summer camp rooms, 1 wellness center, 4 locker-rooms, 2 multipurpose rooms, kid zone, soccer fields, outdoor zero entry pool with splashpad, 2 dry saunas, 2 steam rooms, 2 whirlpools and towel/laundry service and corporate offices.
- Calhoun County branch - a 34,000 sq. ft facility that offers1 large wellness center, 1 indoor cycling room, 4 multi-purpose rooms, 2 group exercise rooms, 1 basketball court, 2 locker-rooms, kid zone, and playground by KaBoom currently under construction.
- Sand Crab Plaza, LLC - 64,000 sq. ft shopping plaza with 5 tenants (Tractor Supply Co. and the Calhoun Y are the anchors).
- Early Learning Center (ELC) Preschool - a 3,000 sq. ft stand-alone facility located next to the Barbara Bauer Briggs YMCA that provides programs for children ages 2-5 years old Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm.
Programs and Services: The YMCA offers a variety of programs and services at both locations. Programs offered include:
- After School Programs
- Health and Wellness
- Summer and Day Camp
- Youth Sports
Volunteers: The Board of Directors includes a group of 25 individuals from the local community.
Financial: The YMCA current budget is $3.8M with $3.2M in debt ($1.2M Briggs Branch, $7M Calhoun Branch, $1.2M, Sand Crab Plaza, LLC), $447,000 Endowment. In the last six years, the Y has ended the fiscal year with an operating surplus.
Annual Campaign Support:
- 2018 Goal of $100,000 for Victoria, raised $125,611.
- 2018 Goal of $53,105 for Calhoun, raised $75,000.
Capital Projects: In 2016 the YMCA raised $6.2M on a $4.5M goal association wide for capital expansion and renovations at the Briggs branches.
Community: Centrally located within a 2-hour drive to Houston, Austin and San Antonio and a 90-minute drive to Corpus Christi. The Y has strong support in the community with a long and rich heritage.
Other sites for information:
Target Dates for the search process:
Resumes accepted through: January 18, 2019
Candidate Review Completed By: January 30, 2019
Preliminary interviews: February 7, 2019
Final interviews (in person): February 28 & March 1, 2019
New CEO on board (anticipated): March 25, 2019
*Dates are subject to change without notice.
Candidates will apply via the following website:
You will be requested to submit the following with your online application: A resume and cover letter, along with six professional references. Note: References will be checked for candidates moving to the interview stages.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to:
Bert Ruiz, YMCA of the USA, Region Director, CEO Search,
Cezar Gonzalez, YMCA of the USA, Resource Director,
Minimum Criteria for Candidates:
- Develop and Implement a Strategic Plan: Work effectively with volunteers, key staff, and the YMCA of the USA Resource Director, to create and develop a strategic roadmap that addresses opportunities and challenges related to the community's support of facilities and programs, with defined organizational strategies. Lead staff in the development and implementation of goals through an annual operating plan. Lead volunteers in creating and aligning committees and their charts of work to support the strategies and goals of the association. In 2019 the CEO will launch the process to develop a new strategic plan that will guide the organization into the next chapter and focus on increasing the market penetration and addressing new competition.
- Develop and Manage the Staff Team: The YMCA seeks a "servant leader" who can inspire a positive attitude and build a cohesive team. The new CEO will create a plan to build unity, encourage teamwork, set operational goals tied to a strategic plan, hold staff accountable, and foster individual staff development. Lead by example; remain actively engaged in staff development and performance leading to superior results in programs, member satisfaction and community engagement. The CEO will focus on the development of all staff to ensure there is succession with key leadership positions to ensure continuity of quality service for the future.
- Fiscal Management: Use a high level of financial analysis to forecast financial trends, growth and stability while consistently leading the organization to balance or surplus operations by growing earned revenue and contributions and controlling costs. Empower and guide staff leaders on the successful financial operation of their areas of responsibility. Monitor the budget closely to address competition that may impact membership, facility needs, and anticipate impact on revenue and expenses.
- Advocate the YMCA Vision Within the Community: Serve as ambassador for the mission, goals and values of the YMCA. Lead efforts for increasing membership and delivering high quality programs to the community. Actively interact and communicate with the communities in the region as a representative of the YMCA. Represent the YMCA's mission to community leaders, donors, staff and volunteers. Assure existing strong partnerships are fostered, and new partnerships are created..... click apply for full job details
YES Prep Public Schools
Texas Charter Schools Association