Mgr Business Devel., Univ of North Carolina
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Learfield Sports
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 130 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic department's at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors' Cup. Learfield also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies. Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: "build the team, grow the company, and have fun."
Tar Heel Sports Properties is Learfield's local, dedicated entity representing the University of North Carolina. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the Tar Heels' brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base. As exclusive multimedia rights holder for UNC, Tar Heel Sports Properties manage all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with both traditional and new media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and digital engagement and visibility via the official athletics website ; and radio game broadcasts and coaches' shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an experienced, motivated sales professional to join our Tar Heel Sports Properties team located in Chapel Hill, NC. If you're interested in combining your passion for sports with your successful track record in sales, we want to speak with you! Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing corporate marketing partnerships. You will be responsible for delivering a high volume of new business by implementing high-level corporate marketing partnerships for the university athletic program while also building and maintaining lasting relationships with our corporate partners as well as the athletic department staff.
- Prospecting and closing new corporate partnerships
- Generating significant revenue through a high volume of new business
- Developing and maintaining sponsor relationships for university athletic programs
- Creating and presenting sponsorship packages designed to meet client's objectives
- Collaborating with vendors, sponsors, property staff, and appropriate university athletic personnel to ensure implementation of sponsorships and contract fulfillment
- Developing creative, sellable inventory to introduce to the school, staff and marketplace
- Participate in game day events to share the experience with existing and potential sponsors
- Minimum of 5+ years selling comprehensive sports marketing partnerships including major media elements (signage, radio, social, digital, etc.) or other relevant B2B sales experience
- Ability to analyze customer needs and craft marketing solutions to meet those needs
- Advanced negotiating skills, ability to identify and influence key decision makers
- Strong competitive spirit - desire to win the business through hard work and determination
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Driven to succeed, persistent in your approach and able to overcome obstacles
- Creative, willing and able to adapt your style/messaging to the needs of the client
- Ability to quickly establish personal relationships through trust and empathy
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Market knowledge preferred