Retail Operations Spec, DTC Americas
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Burton Snowboards
The Retail Operations Specialist is responsible for all store business systems, processes, and operational communications for Burton's North American Flagship, Outlet and Partner stores. This position supports Store Teams, IT, Finance, and Inventory Allocation/Management Teams as well as third-party technology providers with a focus on helping our stores deliver exceptional service and experiences in store. He/she will oversee and manage the day to day use of all existing and future Brick & Mortar retail systems. This position will support and align with the Global DTC Operations team and strategy.
What You Get to Do:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations for Brick & Mortar technology, systems, and hardware including the Retail PRO Point of Sale Systems, the Omni-Channel Dashboard and Operations (Buy Online, Ship From Store. Etc.), Product Data (material management), and Payment Gateways, and any new technologies introduced to stores.
- Main point of contact for North American stores regarding all store operational procedures and business system functionality.
- Work with all 3 rd party business system vendors to manage all store accounts, troubleshoot and resolve system issues, and implement upgrades.
- Manage and updated pricing and promotions of point of sale.
- Collaborate with finance team on month-end and year-end financial reconciliation for all stores, and research tender variance and issues. Run financial reports as needed.
- Required to stay current on store systems (Retail Pro, Payment Gateways, and other relevant business technologies) and communicate new system functions, upgrades etc. within region.
- Responsible for coordinating RPRO and financial setups of all new stores and closures.
- Manage product movement vouchers and inventory adjustment memos within RPRO POS system.
- Responsible for oversight of Brick & Mortar inventory control & loss prevention by ensuring inventory levels are accurate and minimizing shrink.
- Executes cycle counts and year end Physical Inventory with Brick & Mortar teams.
- Provide inventory audit pre and post reporting for retail account clearing.
- Responsible for managing, updating and training all store teams on all store operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all operational communication to Brick & Mortar store teams and general management of all store operation questions.
- Work with regional Retail Manager and Regional Training Manager to develop and maintain training manuals/materials on Bynder .
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous operations management and/or retail management experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfortability understanding and communication retail store technology and workflow conceptually.
- Strong Excel skills (including pivot tables, lookups, if statements)
- A mindset that can quickly adapt to new thought processes and an innate curiosity, constantly looking internally and externally for a better way to do the job.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to shift focus/priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities, strong ability to work cross functionally
Travel Required - The position will require occasional market visits to US and Canadian locations.