Head of Consumer Engagement
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Under Armour
The Head ofConsumer Engagement, North America, is responsible for developing integrated cross-channel consumer engagement plans. This individualwill own the activation in the North America market and will partner with the Global Consumer Engagement team to ensure the regional plans activate global strategy and best practices.
With significant experience in communications planning, digital strategy, performance-based media and offline planning, this person will ensure the annual programming: the consumer engagement plan in the Region delivers on brand and business KPIs.
What will you do?
- Lead integrated Consumer Engagement team in North America including: Performance marketing, CRM, Media planning and activation. Activate in the US market and act as a coach and thought leader for the Canada Market to articulate a full Region strategy
- Collaborate with Brand, Category & Revenue Marketing Leader to intake regional campaign strategies, stories, and KPIs. Lead Consumer engagement team to deliver media briefs to local media agencies. Act as hub for full consumer engagement plan: strategy, tactics, measurement and optimization.
- Partner with Global Media and Global Consumer Engagement to actively input regional needs to global planning and take global strategy to activate and tailor in region for Global Campaigns. Participate in planning Global Brand Social channels.
- Lead full consumer engagement plan and integrated marketing communication framework for regionally led marketing campaigns.
- Own development of annual and full funnel programming for the US for Brand, Category, and "always on" Marketing. Recommend budget, confirm flighting, weight of tactics, and KPI plan.
- Lead team in development of the Regional CRM Strategy and partner with Global CRM to ensure success in region.
- Partner with Creative to ensure creative assets developed meet the needs of the consumer engagement plan, including opportunities to test and learn. Identify creative gaps based on changing media landscape and build plans with Head of Creative to resource appropriately (people, budget, capabilities).
- Partner with Global teams to fuel growth initiatives such as Personalization and Marketing Accelerator programs.
- Be a valuable and trusted partner to your cross-functional partners on the optimal experiences, platforms, environments, contexts, and content across all communications touch points to drive forward the business and marketing objectives.
- Mobilize the team to drive tactical execution, analysis and optimization across all channels internally and with agency partners.
- Maintain clear communication, expectations and timelines with brand and category teams, senior management, and multiple creative and media agency partners on deliverables.
- Share in region, and with Global partners, campaign and consumer engagement dashboard. Lead team in insights and best practices to read and continually optimize performance based on results,
- Own multiple regional media agency relationships in regional strategic planning: build 3YP and multi yr growth and innovation roadmaps in partnership with Global.
- Spearhead regional partnerships across publishers, networks, leagues, and platforms
- Drive breakthrough integrations across media and publishing platforms - also informing the Global Digital Marketing accelerator roadmap.
- Responsible for identifying new opportunities and solutions for business, media and digital issues through innovation, advancement and thought leadership
- Establish best practices to ensure teams take full advantage of proprietary and syndicated tools to deliver results
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE - ACCOUNTABILITY Supports and empowers leaders to take initiative in making necessary decisions and to follow through on commitments. Motivates and drives the team to achieve UA's strategy and holds leaders accountable for hitting business unit goals. Takes ownership of organizational results, while fostering a culture of accountability across business units.
- FIND A BETTER WAY - CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Creates a work environment that allows Teammates to generate new ideas, products, and solutions that contribute to UA Brand evolution. Encourages and endorses creative risk-taking and innovation, acting as a sponsor as needed when turning new ideas into actions.
- WIN TOGETHER - COLLABORATION Executes decisions in partnership with business unit leaders with UA vision and goals in mind. Creates a culture of collaboration and trusting working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- THINK GLOBALLY - GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Leverages regional trends and wins, adapting business strategy in a culturally sensitive manner to drive global growth and profitability. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global trends and the interconnectedness of different markets. Integrates local culture with global trends to position UA as a Brand and employer of choice. Addresses local needs when making global business decisions.
- MAPTHE FUTURE-STRATEGIC VISIONING Clearly articulates a vision of the future for UA and the business unit, illustrating how Teammates can contribute to make an impact. Scans internal and external environment, leveraging new innovations to create a vision of the future for UA, business unit, and individual teams.
- BULID A GREAT TEAM-BUILDING TALENT Creates and promotes an environment for Teammates and self to grow and demonstrate new skills across the organization. Advocates for Teammates and managers by communicating their strengths and wins across the organization. Generates passion and commitment to team mission, promoting shared purpose across teams. Builds globally-relevant and scalable teams by investing in programs that focus on talent management priorities and gaps.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL - INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Education/Certifications:Bachelor's degree required
- Work Experience:12+ years' communications and media, digital planning experience
- Team building and leadership - Able to coach and develop diverse and large team. influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of Sr peers to solutions
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Proactively identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Business Acumen - Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
- High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our Brand.