Video Producer-Editor Northwest
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by NBC Sports Group
The Video Producer-Editor is part of the NBC Sports Northwest digital team, and is responsible for editing and production of original content for NBC Sports Northwest's digital platforms, including the networks' website, app, podcasts, and live streams. The role will interface with multiple aspects of the multiplatform content team, collaborate with the linear TV team and occasionally support marketing video production.
- Responsible for editing online video, including game highlights, player montages, digital originals, sound, clips from TV
- Create storylines and create original content for NBC Sports Northwest digital platforms based on Oregon and Washington sports as well as national
- Collaborate with the video team to plan and help schedule video shoots and edits, and work with Managing Producer-Editor on shoots as needed
- Edit and publish segments NBCSportsNorthwest.com
- Understand the best practices for digital video and how to maximize reach with our audience.
- Actively participate in social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outlets. Promote content by devising engaging and creative social media posts.
- Excellent editing skills, news judgement and understanding of storylines in Oregon and Washington sports
- Lead and train junior editing and AP staff throughout the year, developing strong interpersonal relationships with counterparts in our TV newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements