Project/Traffic Coord (Contractor)
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Contract Project/Traffic Coordinator. This individual works closely with the creative staff and internal marketing and sales clients to oversee all aspects of project requests, including (but not limited to) setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress, preparing status reports, production and sourcing of external deliverables. The ideal candidate acts as an analyst and business-minded person who can help provide the Business Unit with the problem-solving and resource management skills to deliver customer-focused solutions on time, on budget, and to agency-quality standards.
This role maintains the internal Project Management system and helps review and coordinate with Art Director and graphic designers to resolve design requests from clients and provide brand-appropriate solutions. The Project Manager needs to develop and cultivate relationships internally and with external vendors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality control and timely delivery of final projects.
This is a temporary role, working under contract for a period of six months with our Team Sports organization. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a global brand in an exciting industry!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains, collects, updates, and follows up on specific details with Art Director, Marketing Director and their staff on job requests and design briefs for new and ongoing projects in the department.
- Monitors design time tracking and project due dates and facilitates the information collection and sharing of department workloads via dashboard tool or formalized reports from the system.
- Manages weekly status meetings with Creative Team, Marketing and Product teams, providing clear updates and identifying actionable tasks on all current projects.
- Proactively problem-solves with creative and marketing to ensure smooth progress on all client projects, resolving issues and removing obstacles related to resources, workload and deadlines
- Contributes to fundamental tasks such as sourcing pick-up files, folder set-up, file renaming, and training on standard operating procedures to help reduce workload on design staff, as needed.
- Responsible for the on-going implementation of Wilson Project Management systems and equipment. Reviews, recommends and implements new revisions and upgrades to the tool.
- Provide hands-on training and support for new internal Business Unit, designers being on-boarded and general users. Helps with Project Management tool/software tips and tricks and is an overall advocate of the system and how to use it.
- Requests, collects, and reviews, as needed, all marketing and sales project specifications for outside bids and quotations and cost estimates for sourcing.
- Responsible for maintaining the job log for project tracking as well as individual time tracking sheets in a timely manner.
What We're Looking For
This role requires a Bachelor's Degree. We are looking for a candidate with 2-3 years of strong experience in account management, production management, traffic management, or related area with ad agency or a corporate in-house creative department.
Other qualifications include:
- Skilled with Mac computers and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe CS software applications (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop) for basic production/design
- Background with project management software, brand portals and/or enterprise servers and from previous in-house or agency experience.
- Highly organized, flexible and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Professional demeanor and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses a creative eye and enthusiasm about photography, design, and the creative process and procedures involved to deliver support to the designer and client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships internally and with external vendors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality control and timely delivery of final projects.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking abilities; ability to provide input and recommendations for design phases, streamline information gathering, reducing lost design time and costs to improve quality.
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.