Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by AEG
The Manager Production advances all event details for all shows. The Production Manager will be responsible for the production team and to set a plan in motion to execute the show as per the agreed terms in the contract. The Production Manager will adhere to a budget to ensure all costs are being tracked and monitored. They will ensure that all the needs of the show and performer are met.
- Liaison between venue and artist to ensure all production needs are met and the contract is being adhered to.
- Work with talent buyer and artist to work out a tour schedule, build offers and create show budget.
- Work closely with the venue to make sure everything is in working order and that all the show needs are being addressed and met.
- Responsible for solving any production issues that may arise at any given point in the show timeline.
- Develop and foster relationships with artist, tour crew, artist management, venues and other important personnel to ensure streamlined communication and successful execution of each show on tour.
- Set a workable budget for the show and make sure all the expenses are being tracked and are within the limits of spending.
- Oversee the load in and load out of the show from artists, vendors and all that apply. In addition to managing production crew by interfacing and making production arrangements with local labor vendors, creating production crew schedules, diffusing employee relation situations and conflict resolution, review, approve and submit payroll for production staff.
- May be responsible for show settlement after the show has concluded. Makes sure that artist(s) and venue are paid accordingly. The Production Manager will also close out the show and submit all pertinent information to accounting.
- May also be responsible for hiring local labor, rentals and other show needs.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in a related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of concert production
- Ability to solve logistical and technical problems including staging, lighting, sound
- Ability to create and maintain budgets for events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); and ability to learn required business systems
- Previous management experience with an emphasis on resolution management
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interpreting event contracts and developing accurate production budgets
- Must be extremely flexible to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience working in music industry preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.