Client Manager (Accountancy Practice)
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Recruitment Hunters are recruiting for a Qualified/nearly Qualified ACCA/QBE / Experienced MAAT Client Manager who has worked within general practice for their growing firm in Cambridgeshire.
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000 DOE (negotiable) (Study would be available to complete ACCA examinations)
Main purpose: To look after a portfolio of clients and build relationships with them and ensure that their work is completed in a timely manner. To review the work of more junior staff and encourage them to grow in their roles. The right individual will drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to our clients, through the establishment of effective working relationships both with clients and members of the team.
Key skills and attributes: Managers need to have the technical knowledge and experience in order to be able to advise all types of clients, particularly in the areas of VAT, Business development and Capital Gains Tax. We can help individuals develop and grow these specialist skills as they grow their career with us. What is equally important is having the charisma to build relationships, manage projects and grow others in the team.
Main Responsibilities: -Client Manager
To manage a portfolio of clients and drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team.
* To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
* Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
* Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
* Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
* Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
* Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
* Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
* Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly.
* Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11d's, tax returns, etc
* Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
* Dealing with complexities of Payroll and Book-keeping tasks as required to assist getting the task completed on time.
Experience Required:- Accountant - Portfolio / Client Manager
Critical Skills Required:
* Ability to prepare, review and complete all types of accounts quickly and efficiently
* Ability to prepare, review and complete personal & corporate tax returns quickly and efficiently
* Strong computer literacy
* Strong active listening skills
Critical Knowledge Required:
* In depth knowledge of accounts preparation
* In depth taxation knowledge
* Solid MS Office products knowledge,
Essential: ACCA Qualification completed or almost completed - OR qbe OR or MAAT and 3-4 years post-examination experience doing this type of work.
Desirable but not essential: Xero certification,
Essential: Minimum of 4 years Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
Desirable: Experience at manager level within a Practice environment, Experience using CCH software for accounts, tax and data management.
The full time Client Manager role is permanent and will be based on the outskirts of Ely & Cambridge.
If this Practice Accountant - Portfolio/Client Manager position sounds like you and you are an experienced Practice Accountant, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!"
Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent & contract staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical. The types of roles we recruit for as follows: Administration, Accounts, Customer Service, Logistics, Credit Control, Ledger Clerks, Sales, Account Management, Management, IT, HR, Directors, Engineering, Accountants, Analysts, Insurance, Technical, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Legal, Call Centre, Receptionists, Pa's, Bi-Lingual, Field Sales, Graduates, Juniors, Mortgage Underwriters, Banking & everything in-between.
ACCA, ACA, Accountant, Qualified, MAAT, Nearly Qualified, All-Round Accounts, VAT, TAX, Accountant, Accounts, Manager, Portfolio Manager, Client Manager, Chartered, practice. Portfolio Manager, Client Manager. practice Accountancy