Area Sales Manager
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
AREA SALES MANAGER MIDLANDS
£30-35K Basic Salary + 3% on all new sales + Other Benefits
Our client designs and manufactures coding and marking equipment for all kinds of materials or surfaces. The company are in an exciting period of growth and development in the UK. This is a company with an entrepreneurial spirit who benefit from the backing of a large group with over 30 years' experience serving the following industries: food & beverage, building materials, life sciences and cosmetics, aerospace, automotive and electronics.
They currently require a Sales Manager to cover the Midlands Area which has huge growth potential in a flourishing market. This dynamic role is part technical and part sales.
The core focus of this position is to develop new business opportunities in the Midlands within the manufacturing sector.
The ideal candidate will have contacts and relationships with factory floor staff and decision makers in manufacturing groups with automated production lines.
You have a minimum of 2-3 years in a sales position in the packaging or associated capital equipment sector and will have a strategic approach to new business and have proven successes. You will be social media and networking savvy.
It is extremely beneficial if you are used to working in a small team or independently and will be able to work with minimal supervision once full product training has been provided. The role could be ideal for those who want more input and insight into their day to day than just working a 9-5 with rigid responsibilities.
There are clear financial and career progression opportunities within this business.
* Required to manage existing business and account manage the established customers, while hunting down new business opportunities within the territory.
* The Area Sales Manager is responsible for a quality driven customer service within the territory, acquisition of new customers, territory planning, executing and monitoring of all measures necessary to guarantee achieving budget.
* Driving growth in the territory through active and constant customer selection and engagement, targeted sales approach, acquisition across the territory generating growth and plan and execute on a quarterly and annual business plan.
* Managing contracts and pricing agreements in the territory, working with Sales Manager and Site Manager to ensure this is within the desired company bands.
* Assisting quoting and report as and when required.
* The job holder is responsible for delivering key business goals through excellent team-working and self-coaching.
* Clear communication is key to success as the role requires regular dialogue with all business functions and customers.
* Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
* A good communicator, with good interpersonal relationship skills, throughout all levels of the company, suppliers and customers.
* The ability to work both as a team player and on their own using their own initiative.
* A hunter instinct
AoC Create - Executive Recruitment