General Operative – 524
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Anonymous
An opportunity has arisen to join the team in our South East region based at Brunswick Camp as a Site Operative. As the Site Operative you will be responsible for carrying out any duties within your capability as required to support estate delivery focusing on but not limited to Site Areas and to ensure that the Training Estate Facilities are fit for purpose.
Please be aware, this is a Variable Days position, you will be required to work 5 days in 7, including weekends.
* General maintenance
* Grounds maintenance
* Soft FM
* Driving and operating fleet vehicles
* Collection of bagged waste - using 4x4 and trailer.
* Welfare Area's Cleaning - Filling/Emptying Dishwasher, Vacuuming, Clearing of Waste, Removal of Waste
* Sorting collected waste prior to disposal.
* Office Cleaning - Vacuuming, Polishing, Cleaning Windows, Replenishment of Stationary (including Printer), Emptying Waste Containers
* Toilet Facilities Cleaning - Adequate Cleaning of Toilets and Replenishment of Soaps/Gels
* Shower Facilities Cleaning - Adequate Cleaning of Showers and Replenishment of Soaps/Gels
* Yard - Sweeping Yard and Ensuring All Waste is Correctly Placed in Containers
* Workshop - Sweep and Removal of Waste to Outside Containers
* Outdoor areas - including windows and gutters
* Corridors - Mop/Sweep as Necessary
* Assist in ad hoc Tidying - Office Relocation, Waste Removal
What you can do
* Knowledge in H&S such as COSHH, manual handling, risk assessment and safe systems of work
* Have a full drivers licence valid in the United Kingdom
* Have basic labouring skills
* Ability to operate rural plant and machinery (holds valid certificate)
* Basic IT skills
* Knowledge of stock control systems
* Be vaccinated against work place risks, e.g. Tetanus, Polio and Hepatitis A&B
* Willingness to undertake training to work in high risk areas e.g. Transporting dangerous loads
Our staff take pride in our culture and how we behave. Do you think you share our values?
* People (Our staff make a difference - they make us who we are)
* Protection (We look out for ourselves - we look out for each other)
* Partnership (Working together - we succeed as a team
* Performance (Aiming for excellence - we take pride in a job well done)