Structural Engineer - Offshore Renewables. London, UK
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Clarehill Associates
As a Structural Engineer you will help design offshore wind turbines - stress, FE, loads modelling & complete design of for example: large offshore foundations eg. monopiles and jacket structures.
THE COMPANY:- A fast growing, innovative and exciting renewable company to work for, that offer excellent chances for technical and personal development in the role of Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer.
* Mechanical / Structural / Civil Engineering degree
* Offshore Wind
* Offshore Structures Design or Analysis Software: Ansys, STAADPRO, Solidworks or Abacus or similar
Advantage to have:
Design / FEA Offshore Wind Turbines
Foundation/structures, jackets/ monopiles
* Offshore codes, ISO & EURO Codes
* Ansys Offshore or similar - a finite element structural analysis suite of programs that uniquely provides for the design, fabrication, installation, operations, and maintenance of offshore structures for wind farms.
* Geo technical knowledge - for Seabed
THE ROLE of Structural Engineer
To provide comprehensive lifecycle applications for the analysis and design of new and existing fixed offshore structures for the wind energy markets- & include:
* Non-linear analysis for offshore platform failures
* Fatigue life evaluation
* Foundation/structures, jackets
Specification, Development, and Validation of calculations; both analytical and finite element) calculations, including extreme and fatigue loads calculations for a large renewables design house. Heavy castings, steel, welded structures, structural bolted connection. Calculation procedures, specifications and methodologies definition and improvement. Standards: DNV J101 - Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Structures (DNV-OS-J101DNV-RP-C203: Fatigue Design of Offshore Steel
Our client has an excellent attitude towards ongoing personal development, Training & Development. As well as an outstanding benefits and relocation package.
Call us or email Clarehill Associates