Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Senior Lead Software Developer/Engineer
Contributes to and develops high-quality software design and architecture. Identifies, prioritises and executes tasks in the SDLC Develops tools and applications by producing clean & efficient code. Automates tasks through appropriate tools and Scripting eg test cases, build, deployment etc Ensures high quality product through validation and verification testing of functional and non-functional requirements. Work with vendors to develop the best possible Index solutions utilising their products.
Technical/job functional knowledge
- Significant experience in software development methodologies, Agile based delivery and Greenfield development
- Confident in technical discussions at all levels to ensure that high level architecture is correct and design principles are consistently adhered in implementation
- Significant knowledge of multiple programming languages and third-party software products.
- Expert in Java.
- Experience of pattern lead development including Microservices
- Exposure to Angular or React, Spring/Springboot
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline and tools like Jenkins, Sonarqube, Artifactory, Nexus, Maven & GIT.
- Deep understanding and proven experience in software architecture - design and principles, modularity, principles to micro service architecture
- Proven experience in test driven development - unit, component, integration and automation to support modern DevOps principles
- Deep understanding of Object Orientated programming and design patterns and their application
- Keen interest in technology
- Experience in AWS or Azure preferred
- Experience in financial services with a good understanding of Index services is required. Knowledge of portfolio management and related market data is advantageous.
Leadership & management experience
- Experience in professional people management/technical thought leadership
- Experience in supervising third party delivery team would be preferred.
Personal skills & capabilities
- Strong team and stakeholder management, problem solver, a self-sufficient individual with an ability to be constructively address issues
- Track record for developing and retaining high performing teams
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.