Business Intelligence Developer - Manchester
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Impactful opportunity to work with large datasets, build decision models & Develop insightful solutions to complex business problems.
Europe's industry leader, employing over 8,000 people in 23 countries.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine reporting requirements, define the requirements, design and develop the relevant reporting solution.
- Ensure that the design and operation of the BI solutions are appropriate to meet the information requirements of the business and inform decision-making.
- Develop the appropriate solution, reports or dashboards using the most relevant BI suite as per the technical specifications.
- Review SQL code and SSIS packages to ensure compliance with the defined standards and best practices, ensuring optimal performance when released to the production environment.
- Analyse data to identify business problems and provide solutions.
- Rationalise and upgrade the existing reporting portfolio.
- Identify data anomalies and eliminate any processes or procedures that contribute to unreliable data.
- Support the migration of the Data Warehouse onto Databricks with DevOps.
- Uphold existing database and BI systems during the transformation.
- Maintain full documentation for BI solutions and related services together with associated communications documents.
- Extensive experience workingwithSQL server database applications, ieSQL Server Management Studio.
- Able to develop data models, views, stored procedures, etc. in SQL Management Studio.
- Proven track record of analysing data to provide insights and recommendations.
- Experience using a number of visualisation applications, egSQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Extensive experience developing dashboards in Power BI using DAX programming.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Exhibits a flexible, "can do" approach to new challenges.
- Experience using ETL tools - Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Exposure to big data technologies, eg experience of working with Cloud technologies like Azure.
- up to £45,000
- Great benefits
- Hybrid working