Java Developer - GCP
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Norton Blake
Java Developer - GCP, 3 months, £600 - £625/day (Inside IR35)
The consultant will drive the delivery of cloud solutions based on the GCP platform for Treasury technology, providing expertise on cloud services. You will have responsibilities to develop high performing, reliable code as per the clients strategic architecture.
- Develop code, services, and scripts to enable consumption of the GCP platform using key GCP services Cloud SQL, Big Query, data Flow, GCS, GKE etc.
- Ensure GCP cloud build integrates with bank's strategic platforms.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Liaise with Dev Ops engineers for automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and Operation.
- Partner with architecture and dev Ops resources to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ongoing development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in the IT field.
- 1-3 years of development experience on Google cloud platform is must.
- Experience of practical implementations of GCP based projects
- Experience with data feed loads with in GCP is a plus.
- Experience with modern language such as python, Scala, Spark, Kubernetes, Java and SQL etc..
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with message-based systems, event driven architecture and service-oriented architecture.
- Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Familiarity with Docker containers/OpenShift containers working experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, working experience a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with technical teams.
Please apply with your latest CV if you are interested!