Development Manager Reference Data Java Investment Bank
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by McGregor Boyall
Leading Global Investment Bank seek a Software Engineering Manager. The role would suit a hands development manager who has maintained their coding skills with Java and you have your finger on the pulse with new and emerging technology stacks as software evolves.
You will be leader, who can lead a teams of Java technologist who will develop and deploy applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming your team will be responsible for the key products that drive a global business.
You will manage a team of software engineers who build the tech reference and inventory platforms. The platform will bring together all the application and infrastructure data across the private cloud, and the public clouds Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure.
- Lead a small growing team, you will be responsible for building systems optimizing for reliability, performance, and efficiency on a modern technology stack.
- Set technical direction using the best practices available
- You will build APIs and Real Time streaming services for teams and applications to integrate with.
- Replace Legacy platforms with new scalable modern applications with Java and the latest technology available.
- You will build user interfaces for teams to interact and visualize data
- You will oversee designing and implementing tools to identify infrastructure-related risks and opportunities.
2+ years of experience managing Software engineering teams
Solid hands-on Java Programming background and experience
Exposure to other development languages such as Python, Kotlin, C++, Go useful
Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
Computer Science or related technical degree
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.