Senior Service Designer - Up to £75,000
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Salt
My client are clear about what matters. More than ever, they are focusing on our customers, keeping things simple and building operational excellence. Bringing our exciting innovative technology to life in 2020 will help us do all this and more, so we can provide the type of products and services we know our customers need and want.
We are always looking for better. And there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Our Customer Experience Design and Innovation team sits in the Analysis and Design part of the organisation. Together we bring forward all the new initiatives, and we have lots of interesting, fun and rewarding work where we need the help of a Lead Customer Experience Researcher.
We are a different type of bank. A solid financial institution with more than 4 million customers and the mandate of challenging the status quo by focusing on solving the needs of our customers. This is why we want you in our team.
If you can masterfully use the range of service design techniques to explore complex multi-channel services, to map out the as-is and to envision the to-be, then we want to talk to you! We are an innovation team tasked with the front edge of creating new services that blend in person and digital banking. We aim to give people more confidence when managing their banking. But every-day banking is a richly varied activity, and we need a skillful service designer to help us. Someone who can deal with multiple levels of detail - from digital flows, to formal and informal retails branch processes, to CX insights and even to regulatory issues - and create helpful resources to enable the team to ideate and test solutions.
You understand how important for Design it is to have a clear, shared picture of the problem to be solved. You know how to create a detailed, multi-layered service map, as well as a high level sketch of a service that gives just the key details. How visualizing this for the team, for stakeholders, or for customers in user-studies all require different approaches. You are familiar with the way an idea for a new service goes through various stages of exploration and testing - from identifying problems in the as-is, to early sketches for a solution, to lean build-test-learn experiments, to pilots and on to rollout. We work the full length of the innovation process, with a particular emphasis on upstream test-and-learn activities.
You also know how to interview staff and customers to uncover how they do things, the jobs they are trying get done, and what their feelings and perceptions are. You know how to work with user research and customer data, and to contribute new insights on what customers really need.
You can lead people in ideation activities and innovation games, in person and remotely - using tools like Miro. You are not afraid to get down into the weeds of detail, or playfully create provocative ideas for future disruption.
You are familiar with common ux and cx frameworks like MVP (Minimum Viable Product) canvases, Lean Startup, Jobs to Be Done, Peak Moments - and can draw from a wide toolbox of techniques to find just the right activity to move a project along.
You enjoy working in a complex in an agile way and are comfortable with fast pivots.
Since you will be working closely with our product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts, and other key stakeholders, being a team player is essential.
Other tasks will include:
- Plan and execute User Validation activities in any stage of the design process: understanding user needs, co-creating with users, user testing prototypes and assessing final implementation.
- Visualise and communicate the of "as-is" customer journeys based on user research. Transforming input and insights into "to-be" customer journeys.
- Lead workshops with different stakeholders to define strategy and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Lead workshops with customers and employees to bring ideas and insights from the real end users.
- Help prototype and validate the experience though scripts, role playing, or other methods to create a brilliant user experience.
- Facilitate with different bank departments to implement the blueprint of the customer journey and validate after implementation.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with internal teams and stakeholders
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction to inform detailed design specifications.
- Support the team to develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, customer journeys and blueprints.
- Participate in new-business activities, storytelling, presentations, and estimates
- Representing the CX team in internal pitches and presentations
- 10 or more years work experience in the field of Customer Experience Design or Research.
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of Service Design.
- Ability to lead a diverse team through the design thinking process
- Experience with combining creative research and design methods to bring to life end to end experiences.
- The ability to effectively sell a concept
- Show awareness of graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, sensitivity to typography, colour, layout, and general awareness of design principles.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills.
We are Pioneering, Responsible, Straightforward, Collaborative and Transparent.