Financial Crime Operations Team Lead
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Lorien
Financial Crime Operations Team Lead - Contract
This Financial Crime Operations Team Lead role will work as a contractor in a Financial Services Organisation and be responsible for maintaining and managing the FCRP team in order to decision customer files in line with RFB's, BU/CF's FC risk appetite, on behalf of RFB's Business Units (BUs - including Retail, Business Banking, etc.)
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Manages the FCRP operations team and oversees investigations, decision and (where required) escalation, to ensure all customer due diligence related activities are processed in accordance with RFB Policy and Standards including escalations, PEPs, and high-risk reviews).
- Ensures that the FCRP team is appropriately skilled, qualified & trained to analyse and recommend whether a customer relationship is within/outside of risk appetite.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for the team, providing advice and guidance to
- colleagues on how best to assess risk that can be identified in relation to the customer in question
- Manages FC and operational risks, provide timely and achievable actions plans in
- mitigating identified risks and resolve capacity or volume issues.
- Works closely with the FCRP Senior Manager to ensure robust forecasting and
- contingency planning is in place to ensure continuity of operations and appropriate resource allocation to meet demand.
- Provides regular reporting on operational effectiveness and efficiency.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Strong knowledge and experience of financial crime risks, regulations and best practices
- Required to have experience in the industry with preferred experience in retail and business banking
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial crime environment and able to keep up to date with regulatory changes, methodologies, and best practice standards
- Required to have experience managing operational teams
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Financial Crime Operations Team Lead. Please apply to the advert for more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age