Senior Java Engineer
Posted on Aug 29, 2022 by Westbourne Partners Ltd
We are working with a tier 1 investment firm that spun out of a global bank, now working independently, they manage 60BN across several asset classes.
Their Head of Engineering is leading a digital transformation to make their offering to clients the best and most efficient in the market. As part of this journey, they haver tasked us with a hiring mandate for a Java SWE to join their technology team. These engineers are broken into scrum teams working on Research, Client Reporting, Portfolio Management, Front Office Trading and Web Portals.
A lot of this work will be new builds and greenfield work, offering a chance to have direct impact on architecture and roadmap without the shackles of bureaucracy that you might find in a large organisations.
The work predominantly is with the in-house developed investment systems which cover order intent capture, target capture, order creation and submission, trading (to a limited degree) and live PnL tracking.
- Enhance existing applications to meet the need of our global investment team
- Build new applications where appropriate, utilizing existing frameworks and building with a strategic mindset
- Establish and maintain a rapport with Investment Implementation team and Portfolio Managers
- Adopt new technologies as needed, including self-training
- Work with the QA team to devise or improve test plans
- Provide guidance and code reviews for offshore teams Advocate technology best practices
- Java, Docker, RESTful API, Internal Cloud, Micro services, React, Kafka,
This company will be offering a flexible hybrid model of work to suit candidate needs.
If you would like the opportunity to work in this business facing, high paced development team backed by a financial Powerhouse, then please don't hesitate to apply!