Technical Support Assistant
Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by Morson International (IT)
The work content can be varied and dynamic to meet the needs of both customers and internal and external stakeholders.
Core activities include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Support customer enquiries and ensure they are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain the generation and demand customer connection systems by registering new applications, updating status of applications, monitoring the quality of information stored and provide updates on the team performance. Act as interface with the different connection teams and deliver reports as relevant.
- Provide quality information to internal and external stakeholders in the form of reports including for example support for the LTDS, DG mapping, etc or reports to National Grid and external customers such as generation capacity reports or ad-hoc requests from other external stakeholders.
- Assist the development of project information in SAP PPM/PS, financial reports and raising claim notifications;
- Take ownership of the internal mailboxes, registering all incoming work for the team, and allocating work to the relevant Network Planning Engineers and Technicians taking, updating all relevant technical characteristics in the database, including but not limited to: primary, grid and GSP, point of connection voltage, type of generation, import and export values
- Assist in resolving missing information for network records, data quality issues in the database and other tools; Identify, manage and implement improvements to the working practices;
- Attend liaison/interface meetings with other stakeholder giving updates on progress of jobs for the team and taking notes as required.
- Support the Network Planning team with general administration such as updating the team monthly report, raising POs, ordering PPE, stationery, setting up meetings, team events
- Support the network planning team in the more administrative tasks of their works such as utility plans, chasing for status updates, gathering information about/for local authorities.