Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by FPSG Connect
FPSG are proudly working exclusively in partnership with a globally recognised marketing agency that have recently opened up offices based in the UK. Due to the ongoing growth of the business, we are looking for a UK based Azure Cloud Engineer that is passionate about what they do.
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure but working in different time zones, so you must be highly flexible around the clock and be a confident Azure Cloud Engineer that can work using own initiative.
Although this role is remote, you may be tasked with attending the office to support on odd occasions, mainly based in London but some central England, if and when required.
You will be highly experienced within your field and be able to display a quality of leadership skills as you will be the main point of contact within the UK. You will come from a qualified IT infrastructure background and possess excellent technical competencies as you will need to deliver the highest level of availability, performance and security.
This role is perfect for someone that has experience with Azure services such as storage, virtual networks, applications services and recovery vault.
- Continue the current hybrid infrastructure workflow from on premise Servers, storage and cloud hosted environments.
- Maintain the current documentation of operations, procedures and network topology, ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain all operating systems, app software and sys management tools by install, configuration and testing.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency to decrease the intervention time on tasks.
- Assist in the design of information and op support systems with various heads of departments and vendors.
- Implement and enforce policy and procedures
- Ensure the protection of company's IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy information.
- Hold audits & security reviews, by participation to provide required IT documentation.
- Play a key part of continuous improvement of the infrastructure architecture
- Keep up to date as technology, industry standards, and best practices continue to evolve.
- Architect & build scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant client-facing web applications on cloud infrastructures, such as AWS and Azure.
- Maintain a supply of packaged applications, managing deployments, cost, and security.
- Build CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Gitlab CI/CD, Azure DevOps, AWS Deploy and GitHub
- Create infrastructure arrangements and supporting scripts to help automate deployment, backup, failover, and other main processes.
- Participate in client meetings with Integrated Producers and Development teams for new and ongoing digital development projects, representing the DevOps unit.
- Mentor junior Infrastructure team's staff members and be an vital part of on-boarding new members of the full IT department.
- Implementation and testing of DR
- Ability to multitask and have a high level of communication skills, verbally and in written.
- Previous experience with implementing and managing Windows Server (2012+).
- Knowledge of using CentOS, Ubuntu (Linux systems)
- Experience with SQL databases (SQL Server, MySQL, and SQL Express).
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as Linux Scripting, AWS Cloud, Networking, and Containerisation.
- Worked in an environment doing design and executing small to medium scale systems auto projects with full autonomy.
- Comfortable with production systems and technologies ie load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management.
- Used infrastructure management technologies such as Cloudformation, Terraform and Kubernetes -
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Been exposed to and enthusiastic about software engineering best practices such as testing, automation, CI and CD.
- Passionate and confident about problem solving.
- Flexible to work around time zones
- Familiar with CMS systems ie Wordpress, Drupal, Sitecore
- Experience with technology such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Strong Knowledge of AWS core features, including EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, SES, etc.
An excellent starting salary is available and you will also be part of the companies benefit structure from a very generous holiday allowance along with retail discounts & reward schemes. Agile working model is a really great way to balance life with work. We look forward to discussing the best package to suit your lifestyle.
Please submit your most recent CV (in Word format if possible) in order to be considered for the interview process which will be arranged to suit your schedule and fit around current diary commitments. Suitable candidates will be contacted very swiftly and introduced to the Client once qualified with a view to completing the process in a timely fashion to fill these roles.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process