Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by Intelligent Resource
As Product Owner, you will create and maintain the Product roadmap and manage the backlog of change that delivers the roadmap. As the business' SME for the Product, you will contribute to the development of new software features and functionality, ensuring Product standards and behaviours are maintained through change, and you will act as the business expert on the Product for stakeholders across the business.
You will confidently navigate opportunities, dependencies and conflict to prioritise the backlog of improvements to support delivery of the right digital solutions at the right time. As a skillful communicator, you will work effectively with developers, testers, Development Squad Lead, and business stakeholders, to deliver software improvements efficiently and iteratively, always seeking to improve delivery processes and standards. Your knowledge of the Product and Customer, combined with your experience of delivering change through a full development life cycle will make you ideally placed to drive forward Product change to help deliver the business strategy.
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities in accordance with agreed strategic plan
- Plan and prioritise the product backlog in accordance with agreed business priorities and the change portfolio
- Provide product vision and direction to the business, project teams and the agile development team
- Work with stakeholders to assess business value and effort, to ensure the cost benefit of software can be justified and is aligned with the product strategy
- Lead on planning product releases and set the business expectation for delivery of new functionality.
- Use research and insights to create and maintain the roadmap, so that decisions are data driven and based on customer feedback.
- Document and manage product risks
- Adhere to Company Risk Management policy and procedures, including reporting of incidents or breaches.
- A degree, HND or equivalent qualification, or significant relevant experience
- Background in Product Ownership
- A solid understanding of the Software Development life cycle
- Knowledge of change delivery
- Experience with Agile frameworks (SCRUM, Kanban or DSDM)
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management experience
- Communication, writing, consulting and client-facing skills
- Experience with financial services or pensions is desirable, but not essential
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.