Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who require a EDS Engineer for one of their Public Sector Clients based with Aston/Birmingham.
- IR35 - This role is Inside IR35.
- Engineering leadership for the design and development of high and low voltage wiring, power distribution and fusing systems for current and future vehicles.
- Manage the process for efficient component packaging and harness routing. Lead the creation of specifications, schematics, harness drawings, engineering reports and sign-off documentation.
- Lead the EDS supplier nomination process and prepare/approve EDS sections of all relevant documentation used during the RFQ process.
- Undertake or delegate and review the approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Supervision and guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Represent the EDS activity at all levels of the business. Owning fault identification and resolution including management of all EDS issues to closure.
- Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, support the resourcing of the EDS team to the levels agreed with the senior management team.
- Career development planning for permanent members of staff, and peak-trough workload management for outsourced resources.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project life cycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
Key Skills required:
- Proven track record of leadership and delivery of EDS systems at Principal Engineer level (or Senior Principal Engineer plus significant experience) in the automotive or aeronautics industry.
- Wide-ranging in-depth expert understanding of electrical distribution systems, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Knowledge of harness design toolchains such as electrical workbench extension of CATIA, Capital Harness by Mentor Graphics, Client's or other similar harness design packages.
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Knowledge of hybrid/BEV electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure. Demonstrates resilience and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.