Java Developer/Platform Engineer
Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by Lorien
Java Developer/Platform engineer - 2/3 Days In London
6-12 Month Contract - Market Rates - Leading Consultancy
Join a vibrant and rapidly growing consultancy specialised in solving high-impact problems for our client organisations.
We are looking for engineers with battle-hardened real-world production experience, ideally with large cloud deployments.
Our main fields of specialisation are Platforms, Kubernetes and Cloud infrastructure with a Software Engineering approach. Providing Engineering Transformation Leadership via a deep understanding of Continuous Delivery. We adopted and started using Kubernetes well before it was an industry standard at a pre-released version of 0.8. Going against the grain at the time, but that allowed us to be part of its growth and to even contribute to its code base and internal strategy, through collaboration with Google, in its infancy.
- You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- You have a very good understanding of the Software Delivery Life cycle.
- You have a very good understanding of the Infrastructure Delivery Lifecycle.
- You are a firm believer in "Everything-as-Code", Immutable Infrastructure and Automation.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, eg Java, golang, Python
- You have deep knowledge of Cloud architecture and experience with at least one provider.
- You are familiar with the concepts of Containerisation and Container Orchestration.
- You have a good grasp of the trade-offs in distributed systems
- Your communication skills are great. You can articulate a solution to a non-technical audience and you can express your disagreement constructively.
- You have a consulting mindset or want to develop one.
- Comfortable working in a DevOps enviorment
What's in it for you? We are a diverse and dynamic team that is expanding. We have an amazing office, a flexible working pattern and a great team environment. We'll help you deliver your best work for the client.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and inclusive team that wants to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination because of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
If this sounds like the perfect match for you, apply today!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.