Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Place of work: Sheffield - hybrid (1-2 days per week required on site in City Centre based office)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - office hours
Auxilion is a leading provider of IT outsourcing and IT managed service solutions for global IT service providers. The RMM team in Sheffield is the escalation for Auxilion level 2/3 support and remote monitoring and management of client infrastructure. This position will be based full time in our City Centre based office in Sheffield.
The team is comprised of a number of day based engineers and a team of engineers working shift providing 24*7*365 support.
This position is to join the team of day based engineers and deliver best of breed support to our enterprise customers.
The team is comprised of 6 service desk engineer working shift providing 24x7 support. The team is comprised of both level 1 and Level 2 engineers
What will you be doing:
This role involves the following:
- Working in a support environment the RMM Engineer focuses on continuous operation of the various customer estates, many of them running in a high availability environment.
- Incident resolution and monitoring of the supported estate through a number of key monitoring (RMM) tools
- Ensure user tickets and monitoring alerts are handled per pre-defined SLA's for response time, updates and closure
- Respond to requests via monitoring tools, email requests etc
- Participates in availability, capacity and change management processes.
- You will be expected to handle technical incidents and changes across the Windows server, Azure and VMware estates.
- Perform troubleshooting on 3rd party application and web services where required.
What skills will you have:
Working and support knowledge of the following:
- Prior experience in a Network Operations Center/Service Desk Environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (Communication to customers verbal and written is mandatory)
- 2 or more years' Experience with Windows Server
- Core Infrastructure - Active Directory, Exchange
- Virtualisation - VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure
- Server Architecture (Blades & Servers)
- Microsoft Teams, Skype and SQL
- PowerShell Scripting
- Presentation Virtualisation - CITRIX, RDS
- Management - System Centre Suite (SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM)
- Backup & Archiving - CommVault, Veeam
- Microsoft Office365 and Cloud offerings (Azure, AWS)
- Good communication and teamwork skills and interpersonal skills are key.
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not essential.
- Commitment to learning and development of creative support
Our Company Auxilion - About Us
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. At Auxilion we strive to be a great place to work, with career opportunities and development of people in our DNA. Our competitive advantage is how we manage the Customer Relationship journey. Our people have a passion for their work, our culture and our values. Whether your focus is technical, sales, finance. or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow