1st/2nd line IT Support Technician
Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by IT Talent Solutions Ltd
1st/2nd line IT Support Technician required for my Warwick based client for a permanent role paying £26-32k + benefits.
The role is office based
You will need to be confident with excellent communication skills as you will be providing IT support to all employees including CIO, CTO level etc.
Our award-winning Professional Services Client is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate IT Support Technician to join their team in Warwick. The successful candidate will be joining a team supporting employees in offices globally.
About the role
This role will be working as part of the IT Desk Team based in a Warwick office and delivering IT, phone, and videoconferencing support services throughout the organisation.
- Providing support for IT and telephony related problems for all users
- Assisting with the general administration of the network
- Assisting with the configuration, setup, and upgrade of new and old computers (software & hardware)
- A flexible, can do approach is essential; the candidate will occasionally be expected to work outside of normal office hours
- Promoting and maintaining excellent internal customer relations by dealing effectively, efficiently with matters that fall within your responsibility
- Exhibiting excellent communication and listening skills and demonstrate empathy in dealings with staff
- Always maintaining a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential matters
Skills, experience & qualifications
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- IT related qualifications (Microsoft, VMware, or Networking)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Windows 2016/19 Active Directory administration and Group Policy
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure including TCP/IP, routing, Switches, vLANs Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, SMTP
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Teams
- Passionate about new technology
- Good troubleshooting/analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills including planning, prioritising, timekeeping, and meeting deadlines