IT Support Technician
Posted on Aug 28, 2022 by Advantage Resourcing
IT Support Technician
£25,000 - £28,000
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for technology and service delivery to join the IT team at our clients Technology site office as an IT Support Technician.
The role is hands-on with IT equipment and involves supporting staff across a wide variety of IT services and systems.
- Support the life cycle of IT hardware including purchase, preparation, deployment, troubleshooting and disposal.
- Support different types of hardware:
- Desktops, laptops, and high-performance workstations
- Monitors, docking stations, and other peripherals
- Mobile phones, MiFi devices, printers, and projectors
- Network patching.
- Record relevant information in the IT Service Desk system and the Asset Management system.
- Install, troubleshoot, and uninstall software.
- Liaise with 3rd parties for repair and support of hardware and software.
- Support IT projects such as the rollout of new IT systems.
- Respond to information security events/incidents.
- Potential travel to other clients offices within the UK.
The candidate should be able to:
- Manage customer expectations with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Replace and upgrade PC internal components.
- Install Windows Operating systems.
- Install and uninstall software.
- Patch computers into a network.
- Deploy computers and test that everything is working as expected.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Keep administrative tools such as Active Directory and Asset Management systems up to date.
- Take appropriate steps if there is an information security risk
The candidate will be interacting with staff members locally and remotely, along with the wider IT team and IT suppliers.
Good organisation and communication are critical to success, along with technical skills.
- Have previous work experience in first or second level IT support.
- have a good understanding of IT service delivery along with technical knowledge of core IT components such as PC and laptop hardware, Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office 365.
- Formal qualifications in an IT discipline are preferred.