Senior Graphics Engineer
Posted on Aug 27, 2022 by Computer Recruitment Services
Our client is seeking a talented, dynamic, and highly motivated Advanced or Senior Engineer to join the Systems and Graphics support team in the London Office. This role would suit a forward-thinking candidate with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, though you could potentially have less experience if exceptional.
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will help game developers push the performance of their games to the limit, primarily in graphics. You will use your knowledge and experience to provide advice on the effective implementation of cutting-edge techniques and optimisations specific for our hardware.
You will communicate with game teams online, and when it becomes possible again face-to-face, have the opportunity for on-site visits to developers across Europe. You will be in direct contact with the engine programmers from some of the biggest and best game studios in the industry, as well as with teams making their first console title.
The team works closely with various groups across the globe, helping to define the direction taken now and in the future. As part of your role, you will be involved in the analysis and communication of technical information to various groups across the business and helping to prioritise the future roadmaps based on the deep understanding you will gain of the developers we support.
In addition to the primary technical support tasks, you will have time to investigate efficient techniques; experiment with new concepts, write tutorials and whitepapers and create and deliver presentations at both public and internal conferences.
- Strong C/C++ skills and structured programming techniques
- Graphics experience, including understanding of GPU hardware, and how it relates to optimisation
- Strong 3D maths
- Use of both CPU and GPU performance analysis tools
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Fluent in English
The following skills/qualifications are highly advantageous
- Game engine development experience
- Knowledge of modern graphics techniques such as Ray Tracing and TAA
- Knowledge of algorithmic, data oriented and platform specific optimisations
- Experience with other game engine systems, such as audio, memory management and FileIO
- Good Computer Science or equivalent Degree
- Assembly language/low level programming and debugging experience
- Experience of multi-threaded programming
- Public speaking experience