Java Developer with focus on Performance Testing
Posted on Aug 27, 2022 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Java Developer with focus on Performance Testing. This role is a permanent position & is based in the regions of either Zürich, Basel, Bern, Lausanne or Geneva depending on candidate preference & language skills.
- Work in a team of specialized Performance Engineering (PE) & Application Performance Management (APM) experts to provide services to numerous clients.
- Define Load model & scenarios in close collaboration with feature teams.
- Script, run & analyze load tests based on information from APM & Log Monitoring tools & by using load generators.
- Deliver load test reports; including detailed analysis of the runs.
- Support & implement Continuous Performance Engineering with the feature teams via static code reviews, code profiling, microbenchmarking, code near performance tests, etc.
- Participate in internal working groups to further improve the topics of Performance Engineering, Defining Programs, Projects & Roadmaps in the areas of Performance Management Governance, Unified Monitoring, Load & Performance Testing & further APM disciplines.
- Support customer projects & ensure the performance of business-critical web applications via governance, engineering & industrialization over the whole application management life cycle (design, test, implementation and operation).
- Depending on experience level; potentially lead customer APM integration projects with on & off-shore integration teams.
- Support customers in the evaluation & implementation of APM solutions.
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new & existing customers.
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products & services.
Your Skills & Profile:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Java/J2EE Software Development.
- Some experience in or a strong motivation to gain experience in Performance Testing with JMeter, Gatling, K6 or other similar tools.
- Any knowledge of Log Monitoring or Application Performance Monitoring is a plus.
- Any experience with AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Neoload or Splunk is beneficial.
- Experience & expertise with Cloud Solutions (Azure, AWS, OpenShift or PCF) is advantageous.
- Completed University Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Motivated to work as an external expert & consultant on customer projects & working interactively with all project stakeholders, both internally & at customer sites.
- Flexible & willing to travel & work independently on projects across Switzerland.
- Highly motivated to work in a role not focused on developing or building applications and with focus in Performance Testing.
- Confident, skilled in prioritizing & enthusiastic to share knowledge.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written) & a very good command of either German or French.
* Please kindly do not apply if you do not have these language skills.*.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.