Product Manager (Software)
Posted on Aug 27, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Product Manager (Software) Perm Job - Hybrid Working/Farnborough - £54,750 - 74,050
Your New Company
The client I have partnered with is looking to expand its UK team to better exploit opportunities within the UK and European markets. The company has transformed the market for delivery of assured Data at Rest solutions and as such is expanding its business where this role is required to work across multiple Cyber and Information Assurance (IA) development projects.
The company designs its satellites, user terminals, and gateway equipment and operate a network serving nearly a million subscribers in the United States and across Europe.
Your New Role
We are looking for a versatile and self-motivated Product Manager (Software) to work within the Project Development team who understand how to apply complex and innovative solutions to real world problems.
You will adopt a key role within the department by assuming overall system engineering and technical lead role on IA developments, mainly during project activities but also supporting bids as required. This involves liaising with subsystems teams to develop technical solutions and ensuring coherency across technical disciplines. IA products comprise HW, SW, FPGA, and mechanical development.
You will work closely with the Technical Project Manager to mange internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-systems to time, cost, quality, and performance requirements. In time, you will e asked to undertake other tasks and responsibilities not covered above to achieve project or corporate objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills and expertise:
- 5+ years industrial experience in a related area
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering life cycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification
- Good understanding and appreciation of all design disciplines
- Ability to spot areas of concern, investigate and drive to a solution - ask the right questions
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking
- Experience in using DOORs for requirements management
- Proactive and flexible approach to solution engineering
- Ability to handle complexity and competing demands
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving skills
- Have excellent numeracy, analytical, organisational, motivational, team-working and communication skills, both written and oral
- Be self-motivated, totally reliable, hardworking, flexible, and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Champions the Viasat culture and values through own behaviours and those of the wider team
- Creates and promotes an inclusive and collaborative environment within own team and across the organisation
- Effective collaboration and positive behaviour
- Effective and flexible team player
- Ability to work independently
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Must have or be able to obtain UK security clearance
- Be IT literate in MS Office Word, Excel, etc
- Willingness to travel - UK and international
Qualifications The candidate's application will be enhanced if they additionally have:
- Experience of system design languages (eg UML, SysML), and techniques (eg use case analysis, trade studies)
- Experience in producing estimates for bid activities
- Knowledge of mechanical and environmental qualification processes
What you'll get in return
You will be based at our office in Farnborough with occasional UK travel. The role is office based, but with flexibility for working from home depending on project requirements. Your salary will be highly competitive and include benefits including healthcare, pension, life assurance and generous holiday entitlement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jordan Bright now.