Technical Delivery Manager
Posted on Aug 27, 2022 by Illuminet Solutions
Our client is currently seeking a Technical Delivery Manager with experience in change, for a diverse and rewarding permanent opportunity.
We are looking for people who have experience of working in a hands-on technical delivery role, implementing technical solutions from inception to deployment and then supporting and iterating them within a live environment. You will have a broad appreciation for different technologies and delivery methodologies, however, your adaptability to overcome different challenges, and your ability to develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders are equally important.
- To be responsible for the iterative feature delivery, deployment and quality performance of their respective products.
- To work closely with Scrum Masters and Product Managers understanding priorities, scope of work, and to then own the technical delivery of changes against their respective products.
- Overseeing the delivery of technical change across several development squads, including understanding the implication of changes made during the development life cycle and ensuring the resolution of technical blockers.
- Working with squads to ensure that technical stories are written to support the functional stories in the product backlog.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure that delivery plans focus on backlog priorities including tech debt, vulnerabilities, bugs as well as features are maintained.
- Ensure smooth service transition into live environment, ensuring the delivery of scalable and serviceable feature solutions.
- Supporting a live service and ensuring critical issues are being resolved - Likely to be on a 3rd or 4th line support.
- Inputting into vendor management and monitoring service performance.
- Ensuring quality and compliance standards are maintained and relevant technology governance is applied.
Skills and experience:
- Managing stakeholder relationships at a senior level, establishing a high level of trust
- Leading at a senior level in a large Technology department, supporting a fast, paced, dynamic, multi-channel business
- Strong Agile methodology experience
- Delivering large scale technical change projects across, Ecommerce, Development or Infrastructure environment.
- Providing technical delivery leadership across multiple delivery teams.
* This position could suit a Technical Project Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technical Delivery Lead, Service Transition Manager, IT Project Manager or Project Delivery Manager.
- Experience using Jira and confluence
This role offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.