IT Information Security Manager
Posted on Aug 26, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing manufacturing businesses in the Midlands, as they look to scale their internal IT function. As the IT Information Security Manager, you will be the go-to expert in shaping the company's security, working in a hands-on technical capacity, whilst leading a small team.
- Michael Page are proud to be partnered with an international manufacturing business, who have gone from strength-to-strength as they have grown in the UK market.
- The organisation now has two large sites in the Midlands, with a headquarters near Birmingham, where they are now expanding their in-house IT function following significant investment.
- You will join a thriving business, that has embraced a culture of flexible working, where you will have outstanding progression opportunities, in an environment that delegates responsibility, and allows its IT team to truly develop.
- As the IT Information Security Manager, you will act as the senior point of contact for security issues within the business, reporting directly into the Head of IT.
- The role will be technically-focused, and you will work closely with the Infrastructure Manager, covering areas such as Firewalls, threat monitoring and endpoint protection using CrowdStrike, and security solutions around MDM.
- This technical work will encompass areas such as the security impact on PC/laptop/mobile phone builds, password policies and VLANs.
- You will also have key responsibilities in areas of Governance, Risk and Compliance from a Security perspective, as well as working towards ISO27001 standards.
- You will maintain the Information Security risk register, whilst also carrying out DPIAs and security design assessments.
- As a senior leader within the organisation's IT function, you will have the ability to put together reports for the board on threats and vulnerabilities.
- People-management will be an element of the role, as you will directly line manage 1 x Security Analyst.
- Whilst the business does promote a hybrid working culture, given the nature of this role, you will ideally be flexible to travel to relevant company sites where required.
As the successful candidate for the IT Information Security Manager vacancy, you will:
- Have a strong IT Security background with an infrastructure foundation, ideally with 3-5 years in a technical role covering IT Security responsibilities.
- Really understand the concepts of Firewalls, and underlying core infrastructure of an IT estate, and how network security is integral to a business.
- Have a solid level of experience with endpoint security systems, such as CrowdStrike, from a NDR, threat monitoring and vulnerability perspective.
- Endpoint security exposure across the mobile device space, such as working with MobileIron, or similar vendors.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of Information Security frameworks, such as ISO27001.
- Understand how to translate complex security-terminologies and ideas into layman's terms for senior stakeholders.
£55,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Corporate Benefits Package.