Posted on Aug 25, 2022 by UCA Consulting ltd
Our Clients are a family-run, employee-owned trust founded in 1967. The company s ethos then, as it is today, is one of quality of service and client satisfaction. Since its formation the company has grown to form a Group comprising of multiple companies that operate in a broad range of market sectors, across a nationwide scale.
They pride ourselves on adapting to a wide array of working environments; providing solutions to the most technically demanding schemes within the industry.
Their primary business is to service the construction and related industries through our enabling services comprising demolition, asbestos removal, remediation, earthworks, infrastructure, waste management and haulage divisions.
The role is to assist in generating fees through the management and development of existing and new clients, to contribute towards the achievement of the financial and other objectives of the Building Consultancy Team.
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
- Analyse drawings and specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well organised estimates and proposals in a timely manner
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organise sub contractor s quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents
- Complete budgeting and scheduling for projects and track same.
- Ensure site personnel are provided with robust handover pack upon successful tender award
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
- Formulate cost breakdown from estimates and for project progress.
- Attend necessary pre, mid and post bid tender interviews.
- The detailed aspects are listed below
- Evaluate bid.
- No Bid
- Approx. value
- Tender Lead
- Review of tender documentation
- Tender programme
- Implement allocated deliverables.
- Site Visits
- Resource requirements
- Value engineering and buildability
- Operational client interface
- Plant and labour review against tender programme
- Take off.
- Review specification
- Subcontract Quotations
- in a timely manner to allow the subcontractor to provide a robust bid
- If subcontractor used not on system put through the approval process
- Pricing schedule
- Crib sheet
- Key document for board level review
- Form of tender
- Consider value engineering.
- The Contract
- Form of contract
- Who owns the quants.
- Provisional sums
- Scope of works
- Post bid
- Chase client following submission.
- Post tender queries
- Advise subcontractors of their bid status.
- Contract Award
- Prepare a tender breakdown.
- Cost breakdown analysis
- Prepare a file for handover to operations.
- Subcontractors used.
- Minimum 10+ years of similar experience within the same field as a minimum.
- More details to be shared upon successful screening