Knowledge & Information Management Lead - SC Cleared
Posted on Aug 25, 2022 by Aspect Resources
Role: Knowledge & Information Management Lead
Contract Length: 4 Months
Location: Hybrid - 2 days per week if required in any of the following: London, Milton Keynes, East Kilbride
Salary: £550/day max
Security Clearance: SC Cleared & Sole UK national
Interview Process: Telephone/MS TEAMS
This high profile role will have specific attention to effective Knowledge and Information management (KIM) and governance, risk management, quality, professionalism and increasing capability maturity across the service.
Working alongside colleagues, the post holder will play a fundamental role in the iterative design and continuous improvement of digital products and services. The post holder will also lead on all operational parliamentary questions (PQs), requests received under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) (FOIs), GDPR queries and all data and subject access requests on behalf of the Director.
The post holder will be required to develop and maintain a strong understanding of the changing needs and demands of our users, acting as the voice of the user and will also be instrumental in familiarising all stakeholders with a new delivery approach in the agency, being more agile and product-focussed.
The post holder will be in a highly visible customer-facing role, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including Product Owners in the business and senior stakeholders, helping our customers succeed and being data-driven in all we do.
- Deliver effective Management Information to equip strategic decision makers with the right information they need to make business critical decisions at pace to drive delivery of the outputs.
- Implement, maintain and continuously improve the Knowledge and Information Management Strategy and Plan/lead on the delivery of the Records Management Plan, through SharePoint design and affecting cultural ways of working. The plan should ensure that all PQs, FOIs and other requests are processed and completed within legislative or other published targets - with a very strong commitment to accuracy.
- Work with the Operations Manager and SLT on the development of robust and efficient information architecture for, and the effective management of, data repositories, eg SharePoint
- Ensure the appropriate handling and management of information and records in accordance with departmental policy, Data Subject Access requests are processed within statutory timescales and ensure the appropriate access controls are in place for data.
- Lead on the organisation of practical demonstrations, retrospectives, and other Knowledge Sharing opportunities.
- Lead the promotion of Information Management maturity in line with Knowledge Management best practice.
- Lead the operational management of:
- Implement, embed, run and own an efficient process for managing and responding to all related PQs, FOIs, GDPR or subject access requests.
- Own and maintain information assets and collaboration tools, such as the Teams site and SharePoint folders.
- Business/transformational change - act as information security risk advisor to the business to ensure awareness of information security risk when making business decisions and undertaking change projects.
- Raise capability and awareness of staff for information security issues through Intranet resources, training materials, workshops or training sessions.
- Support the business in the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Information Assurance Maturity Model.
- Ensure that all information and records are managed, stored, moved, accessed and disposed of correctly and compliant to policies
- Champion good knowledge and information management throughout the organisation and support the Information Assurance (IA) community.
- Good experience in knowledge and information management instilling an environment where the right information is accessible in the right format at the right time by the right people.
- Previous civil service experience managing and responding to PQs, FOIs, GDPR and subject access requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the UK and overseas to influence the delivery of outputs.
- Ability to progress a broad range of activities with minimal supervision, confident at prioritising tasks and delivering quality products to often tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Teams, Skype).
- Experience of working in corporate governance, assurance and compliance
- Experience of designing and delivering training.
- Relevant RQF Level 3 qualification in Information Management and Governance or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of organizing information including taxonomies, glossaries and standards
- Working knowledge of information security policies and procedures
- Experience of content management systems and databases
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (see below).