Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Aug 25, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Our client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to dominate the data space and to develop a data ecosystem that allows us to deliver data insights and improvements across all areas of the company. This senior role will support the development responsibility for managing the governance around data management and identifying the right technology solutions that will underpin the digital strategy.
Our client is a leading family-owned civil engineering, construction and dry-lining company in the UK and Ireland that have come a long way since 1969 and now deliver an extensive range of engineering, build and construction services for our long-term valued clients.
As the Senior Data Engineer, Wembley, Middlesex/Hybrid you will:
- Proactively supports through the region's operational team the activity plans aligned with strategic goal area of Great Place to Work - Values & Behaviours, Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion, Purpose Roles & Responsibilities, Progression and Digital Transformation
- Accountable for the generation of new and existing pipeline for the business, effectively leading aligned work-winning and tendering resource to successfully convert the pipeline of opportunities to wins, through the delivery of operational excellence.
- Creates measurable goals and KPIs across the 5 pillars of Operational Excellence: Health & Safety, Work-Winning, Cost & Commercial, Programme and Digital Transformation
- Responsible for the commercial and financial performance of the region and ensures our programmes are delivered on or ahead of time
- Leads the region's operational leadership team to strategically plan and organise programme and resources, ensuring resource and talent is mobilised effectively across other regions
- Attends, participates in and/or leads Strategic Operations and Work-Winning meetings outlined in Business and Operational Management Systems, including strategic reviews and planning meetings with MD to ensure alignment of goals and delivery
- Ensures programmes have effective risk management processes and reporting measures in place that are legally compliant and aligned with company risk policies and delegations of authority
- Develops a best-in-class approach to communication and information flow between client's and operations teams to ensure high levels of client satisfaction across all projects
- Generates, develops and converts new and existing business within the region in line with agreed financial targets
As the Senior Data Engineer, Wembley, Middlesex/Hybrid you will have:
- Communication skills are essential in this role and you must know about the need to translate technical concepts into non-technical language and understand what communication is required for internal and external stakeholders
- You will have in-depth practical experience with Azure and AWS and will be comfortable leveraging services such as EC2, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, and Batch.
- You will have expert experience with Python, detailed SQL knowledge, and be used to dealing with API services to ingest and process data.
- Experience building or maintaining ETL processes
- Experience of supporting data users working with Python or R is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in API development would also be beneficial
As the Senior Data Engineer, Wembley, Middlesex/Hybrid you will receive:
- A salary between £70,000 to £90,000 depending on experience.
- Private medical scheme with the ability to add dependants
- Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- - Days annual leave including 8 days bank holidays
- Great career opportunity and able to lead a team in the future