2nd Line Support - North Yorkshire - 30,000
Posted on Aug 25, 2022 by SmartSourcing Ltd
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, IT focused individual looking to develop their skills within an IT support role for a rapidly growing organisation.
You will help resolve IT related issues for over 650 sites across the UK. You will need to work fast and determine if issues can be resolved internally or need to be escalated to other support teams or 3rd parties. You will be responsible for ensuring users are kept updated and deliver a high level of support and customer service.
- You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, supporting a combination of internal IT systems and issues at remote locations.
- Be the first point of contact for colleagues across the business, diagnosing and assisting with issues over the phone and via email
- Work as part of a team to resolve incidents and requests within a given SLA
- Work with 3rd party support providers to ensure incidents are resolved
- Liaise with end users to ensure they are kept informed about the progress of their issue
- Be able to diagnose and resolve common software and hardware issues
- Work to meet deadlines in an environment where priorities can change quickly
- Discuss and explain issues with users in a non-technical way where required, to gather the right information to progress their issue
- Experience in using Microsoft Office 2016/365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience using Microsoft admin centre (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams)
- Windows server administration and maintenance (2008 onwards)
- Thin Client and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Networking - including working knowledge of:LAN/WAN,TCP/IP,DNS,DHC
- Windows operating systems, eg XP, 7, 10
- Experience supporting IT Hardware, eg Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Printers
- Use of corporate telephony systems (VoIP)
- Active Directory experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Previous 1st 2nd line experience
- Worked with Service Desk solutions
- Experience using a ticketing system
- Working PowerShell knowledge
- Knowledge of ITIL
The role is based in York, and candidates should be within a commutable distance (full driving licence). There may be occasional travel to other UK sites. The role will also require participation in an out of hours on-call rota.
- SmartSourcing are a Disability Confident Employer and we promote, celebrate and value diversity, we are committed to promoting equality and inclusion for all.