Java Spring/boot Software Engineer - Financial Services
Posted on Aug 25, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Java Spring/boot Software Engineer - Financial Services position in the City of London. This role comes with the opportunity to work with the award-winning application of our client.
Our client provides comprehensive market, industry, product, and advisory expertise to more than 140,000 businesses around the globe. With unrivalled insight and access delivered by dedicated relationship teams, they connect clients with the right opportunities in more than 150 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, and the Americas.
The successful Java Spring/boot Software Engineer - Financial Services will;
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in completing tasks
- Design/develop/maintain automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Automate manual release activities.
- Mentor other software engineers and coach team on Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI-CD) practices and automating tool stack.
The successful Java Spring/boot Software Engineer - Financial Services will have;
- Excellent Java development experience - Good knowledge of core Java, JEE & in particular JMS, Spring - particularly SpringMVC, SpringBoot, REST, Unix Scripting (BASH), JUnit, mocking (JMock/Mokito), WMQ, Hibernate, Acceptance Test Driven Development (JBehave, Cucumber).
- Experience of Oracle DB - PLSQL Scripting.
- Extensive Experience with Agile/SCRUM Programming project methodologies.
- Experience in using software configuration management systems.
- Experience in working with colleagues in other (global) locations.
- Any experience in the Banking domain is an added bonus but not a requirement.
The team focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management. As a member of the team, you will use leading technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence, as well as improved processes, to build our client's business. The team has replaced core platforms and simplified its infrastructure to improve speed to market. Its private cloud provides an environment that is scalable and secure.