1st Line Support
Posted on Aug 24, 2022 by Hancock and Parsons Ltd
About the company
As a Cloud-first company and a Microsoft Gold Partner, we fully embrace the cloud and are recognised leaders in helping companies transform and innovate. With a wealth of knowledge and experience, we help organisations with the successful deployment of the right technology to unlock their potential. Our friendly team of Microsoft Experts go that extra mile to ensure the success of their clients.
- Receiving, logging, processing and monitoring tickets received into our IT Service Desk.
- Ensure all client support requirements are managed in a courteous and professional manner.
- Possess excellent incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales whilst utilising the call-logging software.
- Confident member of the Service Centre team understanding when an incident you are working on needs escalating to a senior team member.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills such that you feel just as comfortable dealing with a junior member of a customer's team as you would be conversing with a director. This will be both in person and over the phone.
- Encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement as part of the team. When your team mates need help, you'll be there, that might mean getting involved in other aspects of the day to day Service Centre that are not normally part of your role.
- Flexible approach - you will be open to doing things in a new way and embrace change.
- Take advantage of appropriate training opportunities as they arise, in order to keep up to date with relevant skills and development
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or higher.
- CompTIA A+ qualification would be desirable.
- Microsoft Technology Associate certification would be desirable Experience and Knowledge.
- Has a year's minimum experience working on an MSP Service Desk preferable but would consider equivalent experience in the IT sector as full training is provided.
- Previous experience in a customer service role (essential).
- Able to work using own initiative with a 'can do' attitude.
- Lives the Centrality HEART values of Honest, Expertise, Approachable, Results and Teamwork.
- Enthusiastic with a passion for technology.
- Willing to participate in professional development specific to role.
- Good problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and oral, confident with all levels of user up to and including director level.
- Pleasant, confident and professional telephone manner.
- A strong, amiable and flexible team-player.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- User-focussed, empathetic and when appropriate, firm, approach.
- Good attention to detail and quality.
- Positive can do' approach.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to tight deadline.