SAP Support Analyst
Posted on Aug 24, 2022 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
We have recently embarked on a multi-year project to implement SAP S/4 HANA & MES (Manufacturing Execution System) at all manufacturing locations. We are implementing a single instance, cloud-based SAP S/4HANA environment with on-premise MES software at each manufacturing location to support our growth. Our S/4HANA environment is hosted by SAP Enterprise Cloud Services. This role is to work with others on the team to resolve issues users encounter in our SAP environment.
* Ability to interpret and clarify incoming SAP incidents and service requests
* Develop working knowledge of organization to efficiently route business support and clarifying questions to right people
* Work with SAP Support Lead and SAP Basis as needed to share knowledge and approaches to issues
* Enter SAP ECS tickets as needed and work to resolution
* Work with end users to understand issues, suggest resolutions and follow up to ensure closure
* Consult with IT personnel as necessary to diagnose and resolve system or networking issues
* Interact with vendors for assistance to incident resolution as required
* Document recurring solutions to incidents
* Attention to detail, consistent approach
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or comparable work experience
* SAP training, system certifications, tools or methodologies is a plus
* At least 2 years of experience supporting SAP, preferably with S/4 HANA in a manufacturing environment
* Experience working in an ITIL-based service management environment
* MES experience is a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organizational and team collaboration skills
* Ability to answer questions in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing to various technical levels
* Enjoy working with other functional leaders and staff to understand needs and provide solutions
* Excellent listening skills and always seek first to understand the customer's concerns and needs
* Effective time management skills
* Strong logical and analytical thinker
* Attention to detail
* Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively plan and organize
* Ability to work under pressure and maximize efficiency
* The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
* The ability to read and understand documents and drawings.
* The ability to work cooperatively with others.
* The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers.
* The ability to perform several tasks at once.
* The ability to follow direction or instruction.
* The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information.
* Ability to travel (US and internationally) approximately 5%
* Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed for training and support of various shifts and global offices