3rd Line Application and Cloud Engineer - NOC - Hybrid
Posted on Aug 24, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Fantastic opportunity for 3rd Line Application and Cloud Engineer - NOC to join a large IT services organisation located in Hampton, Peterborough.
Salary £45,000-65,000 DOE
Hours: 7.5 hours a day, Mon-Fri working between the hours of 8:00-18:00
Location: Hybrid role working 2 days from the office and 3 days remotely
Knowledge & Experience:
* At least 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar SLA driven support role
* Proven Customer service Skills
* Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
* Proven capability in the following technologies - Certification an advantage:
o Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 inc Hyper-V - In depth Knowledge
o Active Directory (Core AD Services, DNS, DHCP, GPO, AD Replication, PKI) - In depth Knowledge
o Exchange 2013/2016/2019 - Strong Knowledge
o Microsoft SQL Server Administration - Strong Knowledge
o Lync/Skype for Business - Experience
o Microsoft 365 Administration - Strong Knowledge
o Microsoft 365/Azure AD Identity Management - In depth Knowledge
o Cloud based technologies IaaS, PaaS. Either Microsoft Azure or AWS - In depth Knowledge
* SCCM - Experience
* SCVMM - Experience
* VMware/vSphere 6.5-7.0 - Experience
* Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification.
* Good communication skills, verbal and written.
* Punctual and reliable.
* Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
* Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work in a team and to support team members
* Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
* Actively seek to improve and grow own skills and knowledge base in appropriate technologies to pass industry standard certifications.
Main purposes of role:
Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements. Work with team members to ensure a managed workload. Provide a point of technical escalation, expertise and mentoring for 2nd Line Engineers. Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required. Ensure all implemented solutions are supported with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas. Provide support as part of the 24x7 out of hour's rota. Be available to provide remote service out of core hours. Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Managers/Service Delivery Managers. Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required. Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork. Actively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan. Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions. Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
If you have the outlined skills and experience, please apply now!
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.