Posted on Aug 24, 2022 by Reed Technology
A Security Engineer is required for our client based in Manchester, working in a hybrid approach (2 days in the office)
The Security Engineer will help to deliver and to enhance operational security, vulnerability scanning and patch management processes throughout their life cycles.
This is a hands-on role where you will be assessing and applying patches through appropriate layers of the OSI model and may be requested to support other operational security and cybersecurity requirements.
You will be responsible for implementing automation throughout the vulnerability management and patch management programmes.
Required Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Experience in a Security Engineer position
- One of the following InfoSec certifications are required:
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Or, upon approval, other InfoSec certifications required
- A basic understanding of today's threat landscape and information security architectures, as well as applicable laws, regulations, and compliance frameworks
- Previous experience deploying and implementing vulnerability management tools.
- Technical comprehension of vulnerability scanning, systems and processes.
- Detailed knowledge of system vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Able to generate and prioritize vulnerability remediation plans.
- Able to apply patching across all relevant OSI layers
- Sound technical understanding of API integrations.
- History of delivering successful endpoint security technology such as infrastructure/security patching and anti-malware/EDR in a medium to large business environment
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of different desktop and server operating systems, virtualization technology, storage and networking solutions
- Successful participant in change projects across a complex environment