Director, Product Control
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Under Armour
UA's Director of Production Control will be the source for controlling and monitoring the flow of work through the NA Distribution network. This role will also be responsible for managing overall network support functions, including sales support, inventory positioning/profiling and network compliance/quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight of all Production Control Teams in each DH, including the centralized management that controls the operations. Owns responsibility for training and developing the organization to understand critical concepts and the principles of innovative planning methodology.
- Create, manage, monitor, and communicate Service Levels for all business channels
- Manage communication between internal customers and Distribution network through management of the Sales Support team. This includes fulfilment of all specific customer needs, compliance rules, and shipping instructions
- Work within the DHs and with their leadership teams to identify and resolve issues, provide forecasting, and communicate expected workflow across each month, quarter, and year
- Communicate with all business channel leadership teams on any current or potential issues for the network
- Oversee network Inventory health and activity. Provide guidance to businesses on aging and placement of product across the network
- Recommends new policies or procedures as necessary.
- Provide and maintain all network reporting and analysis of data, both internal and external. This is inclusive of all forecasting, SLAs and daily tracking by business
- Participate in, maintain, and communicate network wide projects and initiatives
Educations and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of related experience in production control, production planning, materials scheduling or purchasing in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of related industry experience (preferably in apparel/footwear business)
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing diverse groups of leaders
- Strong analytical skill and experience
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Working with Business Partners - Manages difficult situations; Responds promptly to network needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Technology - Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and strong experience with an ERP system