Sr. Product Manager, Video
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by National Football League
The NFL is looking for a passionate Sr. Product Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing a product strategy for our video platforms that power live and on-demand video experiences to millions of football fans worldwide. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience and passion for all aspects of video workflow, playback experiences, performance, delivery and overall user experience.
This role will own a roadmap tracking cross-platform centralized video platform capabilities that will be utilized across all NFL Digital Media properties. Areas of ownership for this role include: Video Player technology and features, workflows for live and on-demand content, video ad products and managing relationships with key video delivery partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a vision and execute a holistic product strategy and roadmap for the NFL video platform and related services.
- Identify market opportunities and launch new product features while continuously improving existing features.
- Partner with engineering teams to execute features and functionality and work with fan facing product teams to deliver video experiences across various NFL apps and websites.
- Be the internal point person for all things video. Balance business objectives and user experience to advocate for both internal stakeholders and NFL fans.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and work across multiple teams to implement solutions.
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth and gain adoption throughout organization.
- Balance priorities and initiatives between short-term (6 months) activities and longer-term (18-24 months) objectives.
- Integrate and analyze video playback analytics solutions to continually optimize video playback performance.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience working in consumer technology or digital media
- Demonstrable experience with digital video platform management, video player management, and user facing video related features.
- Strong technical product management experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to influence and lead without direct authority.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into a product roadmap and vision.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Passion for sports, especially football
- Experience dealing with vendors is a plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Vendor Management experience
- Occasional travel may be required as needed
Expected Hours of Work:
- Minimum of 40/hours per work week